Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I guess the point of my above post was this...I would do anything for Rich Knapp. He is a brother to me. We have vastly different goals and are at a vastly different stage of achieving them. Rich is a pro and shredded, I am a wannabe at both sports.

But when we get together we lift, and lift each other up. We never nit pick differences, and I respect Rich for that.

Rich tolerates a lot of my big mouth opinions, but I am thankful that he is my friend. Everything else is trivial.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I want to share something that is a relic. Back in 2007 I came back from a long layoff from training. I was a sack of crap, weighing 310 with virtually jack squat for muscle. In exactly 100 days I turned my physique around.

Do you know what happened to me? I had an NPC level bodybuilder mock me because I didn't know how to pose.

One of the reasons I started this forum was to provide a place for lifters to come to avoid that nonsense.

Respect. That's what it's all about.

Not all of us know everything. Not all of us have the same goals. But at the end of the day the question is, are we going to help others or bring each other down? Are we going to piss on others because they have different goals, or help them reach their goals?

This forum is about respect and encouragement. Always will be. I love all you sons 'a guns and want to see you succeed.

Back in 2007 I couldn't do 5 push ups, and my bench max was barely 135. I also struggled to squat 135, and had never deadlifted in my life. I was fat, weak and useless. Within 2 years I nearly had a 1500 total, natural, and had regained all my mass and then some.

All I care about is that each of us get "it" done, no matter what "it" is.
Inspirational stuff! Great work BTB.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
Szelago
44 yr bulk phase complete
Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

Wow Steve!
This is the first that I have seen your 2007 pic.
Absolutely amazing transformation!

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I guess the point of my above post was this...I would do anything for Rich Knapp. He is a brother to me. We have vastly different goals and are at a vastly different stage of achieving them. Rich is a pro and shredded, I am a wannabe at both sports.

But when we get together we lift, and lift each other up. We never nit pick differences, and I respect Rich for that.

Rich tolerates a lot of my big mouth opinions, but I am thankful that he is my friend. Everything else is trivial.
You got it, I feel the same about you Steve. Thats why I wanted it to be clear some of my jabs are all in fun. I just wanted all to understand that. This is a great forum and I generaly don't worry about things being taken wrong but I just wanted it to be clear for the new people to the forum. You old long term people here. lol
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote