Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tour de France (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6846)

5kgLifter 07-19-2011 03:08 PM

Tour de France

Enigma for you guys...

...a rider in the Tour de France takes a "natural break", as they call it, several yards from a group of spectators and it's considered okay...do that on any other day and they'd be done for indecent exposure, flashing, and possibly even be put on a sex offenders list...so, should it really be permitted during the race?

And, how do female cyclists, in similar races, take a natural break? :confused:

BendtheBar 07-19-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 154224)
Enigma for you guys...

...a rider in the Tour de France takes a "natural break", as they call it, several yards from a group of spectators and it's considered okay...do that on any other day and they'd be done for indecent exposure, flashing, and possibly even be put on a sex offenders list...so, should it really be permitted during the race?

And, how do female cyclists, in similar races, take a natural break? :confused:

I assumed they had port-a-potties every mile or so...

Now I AM confused.

Wlfdg 07-20-2011 08:43 AM

I don't know how much of a big deal it would be outside the Tour for someone to urinate in public?
This is a common thing in bike races in general. Often the racers don't stop to urinate. They just go while riding. A domestique might have time to stop? Certainly not a lead rider or even a super domestique.

I'm sure women do the same.

LtL 07-20-2011 09:19 AM

They don't expose themselves though Bab's: out the bottom of the lycra short leg is the trick especially if riding along :)

LtL

Gaz6682 07-20-2011 10:51 AM

Paula Radliffe relieved herself by squatting at the side of the road in a marathon so it's not just the menfolk lol.

BendtheBar 07-20-2011 11:00 AM

I feel so naive today...

ricka182 07-20-2011 11:46 AM

I always thought they just went on the bike.. With the amount of sweat and length of time they ride, no one would ever know if they did or not...

Unless you were the guy stuck behind the bike-pee'er...

5kgLifter 07-20-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz6682 (Post 154474)
Paula Radliffe relieved herself by squatting at the side of the road in a marathon so it's not just the menfolk lol.

Have to admit, I never saw that so that's something new.

I did see a poor male marathon runner who had the trots and he just continued to race with his own effluence all over his thighs, down his calves, over his shorts, and the spectators gawping at him as he passed; it's on youtube.

I had heard of people going whilst in the saddle, can't be good for sores and such, I wouldn't think...it must cause issues.

Thanks for the input guys.