- General Board
||07-15-2011 03:28 PM
Sports nutrition article
· General public and active people - the daily recommended amount of protein is
· 0.75gm per kg of body weight (a 60kg person should eat around 45gm of protein daily).
· Sports people involved in non-endurance events - who exercise daily for less than 60
· minutes: daily protein intake should be between 0.75 to 1.0gm of protein per kg of
· body weight per day.
· Sports people involved in endurance events and strength events - who exercise for
· longer periods (more than one hour) or who are involved in strength exercise, such as
· Powerlifting, should consume about 1.24 to 1.7gm of protein per kg of body mass.
· Dietary surveys have found that most athletic groups comfortably reach and often
· exceed their protein requirements by consuming a high energy diet. Despite this,
· protein and amino acids (the building blocks of protein) are popular nutritional
Sports nutrition - http://www.europowerlifting.org/file...0Nutrition.pdf
Muscle fueling article - http://www.europowerlifting.org/file...les%20Fuel.pdf
Diet for powerlifting - http://www.europowerlifting.org/file...werlifting.pdf
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.