Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Obama: "80% of Americans Want High Taxes"

Obama: "80% of Americans Want High Taxes"

Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal - TheHill.com

Quote:
President Obama on Friday kept up the pressure on Republicans to agree to revenue increases in a deal to raise the debt ceiling, claiming 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

"The American people are sold," Obama said. "The problem is members of Congress are dug in ideologically."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Me, not so much.

I want lower taxes.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I am all for no tax brakes on race horses, yats, lemo's and such. About time the rich pay there dues and quite milking the life out of us low class.

The rich don't let you hear about the tax's that will hit them for there privet jets, race horses, yots, lemo's and such because that would show the general public no more rich get richer poor get poorer. Buy them keeping it from us we vote it away and they win and keep getting richer while we get poorer.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Me, not so much.

I want lower taxes.
I want wealthy people to pay their share, which they currently do not. Ever. When he speaks of raising taxes, they aren't ones that are going to effect most people.

And Dems and Reps have two VERY different definitions of "middle class."

I don't like that during these negotiations, the Reps have asked him to cut things Dems care about (medicare, etc) while refusing to budge on ANY of their ideals (farm budget, raising taxes on the wealthy).

That's not compromise. He offered $3 cut for $1 debt ceiling hike and increased to $6 for $1 and still they bawk. They don't care about the little people who won't be able to buy houses or cars if the US defaults.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I don't mind paying taxes...I just wish I had more of a say in how they were being spent. Way too much wasted money in the system.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

ya if there no Medicare or S.S. checks going out to the people that paid it in and are now colecting on what they put in. You know how many of us will be living on the street?

I know I will be. After I paid in a boat load from when I worked. I haven't collected 1/100th of what I paid in.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Proper money management would go a long way.

How can they expect the American people to dish out more money through various taxes increases, when this and the previous tax increases have been improperly managed, and has lead to this complication?

Increase taxes and still mismanage it?

Have to tidy the house inside first.

And, if we are going to have to pay more taxes and this is putting on some responsibility of the American people, then why doesn't congress and other elected officials own up and take a pay decrease? As an example.

We have always paid taxes. They have been increased, decreased, increased, decreased at varying levels and departments.

It has just been mismanaged. So is higher taxes the answer? I sincerely question that.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

I guess I'm in that 20%. Government already taxes the heck out of everything. They take it directly from your salary, when you purchase items, when you invest it, when you give it away. No different opinion for the rich -- they may be able to afford greater hits in taxes, but doesn't matter if its $250,000 or $4 million, it is their money and tend to use in better ways than the government.

As for all this stuff Obama is spewing about jets and yacts and all the luxuries of the rich. Who builds the parts for them, who assembles them, who maintains them, who operates them? We do. Increasing taxes on the wealthy mean less investment on their part, less purchases, etc. Who cares if they have 4 masons, a dozen vehicles, and a jet. The way I see it, their extravagant spending helps others indirectly.

Lets also not forget that "rich" is actually $200k per individual or $250k per household. Not just those smoking cigars on their yachts. Still sounds like a lot, until you consider many of those making that are small business owners and much of that is going right back into their business.

Also worth noting... Richest 25% of America is footing around 85% of the fed income tax rev which generates over 50% of fed revenue followed by social security (over 30%) and a collection of others (around 10-15%).
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

My mother makes $9 an hour, paid off her home, but the state keeps raising her taxes.

Her personal property taxes keep going up and up, and sooner or later will force her out of her home.

Politics aside, I want this to end.

I do not want higher taxes. I don't care what they do - state, federal, local. Cuts need to be made. It's about time we start rewarding people in this country for getting off their asses and doing the right thing.

Every other car at Walmart has a disability sticker. Roll on, free money train...

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-15-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Snatch
Fav Supp: Elk
Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

All of this feels so far out of my control that I feel like formulating an opinion is a waste of time.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and learn to tolerate the taste of bitter.

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe

Last edited by Wlfdg; 07-15-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Wlfdg is offline   Reply With Quote