Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I'm not stupid, but.... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6792)

Carl1174 07-14-2011 10:03 AM

I'm not stupid, but....

Be honest and finish the question with things you thought to be true, but have since realised how stupid you were at the time....

(dont have to be training based)

I'll start,

I'm not stupid, but when i first read on a forum about people benching 'without a shirt'. I actually thought they meant topless. I wondered for weeks why not wearing a t-shirt would make benching harder... Seriously :rolleyes:

carl.

Spartigus 07-14-2011 10:10 AM

I'm not stupid, but until I started looking at Starting Strength I thought full body routines were only for beginners wanting to get into lifting and that the greatest routines were organised as back day, leg day, arm day, chest day and shoulder day. I also thought that unless you lifted in the 8-12 rep range, you wouldnt build muscle..... It hurts just to write this out

BendtheBar 07-14-2011 10:14 AM

I'm not stupid, but I always thought you had to be "ready" before you had kids. Looking back I realize you are never ready or prepared. Wish I had known this earlier in life, I would have had a few more.

Carl1174 07-14-2011 10:19 AM

I'm not stupid, but I never used to think tongue meat was actually 'a tongue' i thought it was a brand name like 'Spam'....

(I thought the same about oxtail soup....)

Carl.

Carl1174 07-14-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 152682)
I'm not stupid, but I always thought you had to be "ready" before you had kids. Looking back I realize you are never ready or prepared. Wish I had known this earlier in life, I would have had a few more.

There is never a 'right' time to have kids... but it's ALWAYS a blessing :)

Carl.

BendtheBar 07-14-2011 10:26 AM

I'm not stupid, but I spent a good portion of my life believing everyone else was self confident and had things figured out. One of the greatest days of my life was when I realized they were just as messed up as me. This gave me confidence and challenged me to improve myself.

Abaddon 07-14-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartigus (Post 152680)
I'm not stupid, but until I started looking at Starting Strength I thought full body routines were only for beginners wanting to get into lifting and that the greatest routines were organised as back day, leg day, arm day, chest day and shoulder day. I also thought that unless you lifted in the 8-12 rep range, you wouldnt build muscle..... It hurts just to write this out

Beat me to it

Off Road 07-14-2011 10:34 AM

I'm not stupid but I used to think that you had to sit on your butt and do nothing in between workouts to grow and see progress. I now understand that conditioning is very important.

BendtheBar 07-14-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 152695)
I'm not stupid but I used to think that you had to sit on your butt and do nothing in between workouts to grow and see progress. I now understand that conditioning is very important.

I did the same thing. Was actually OCD about it. I would lay down as much as possible.

Glad I am not 19 anymore. Weider was my Koolaid of choice.

bruteforce 07-14-2011 10:42 AM

I'm not stupid, but I thought everyone used the exact same high volume workouts in order to build muscle or get strong.