Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!
Default The Warrior Diet

I read an article about this, and it cought my interest.

Have you had any experience with it, and what was your thoughts?

As i comprehend, its about undereating during the day, and then eat like crazy for a period during the evening (post workout for example).
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I think Steve ran this for a little while if I remember correctly. seems like it would work, I have read about it too.

Definitely not for me, I get way too hungry.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I have run a variation of it for over 2 years. I tried the no protein version for 2 months, but lost 7 pounds of muscle. I did caliper readings, and wasn't pleased.

A friend of mine contacted the creator of the Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler, at that time and Ori recommended protein feedings during the day. That's what I do right now. I sip on 100% pure whey isolate all morning with no defined limitation, and after dinner I eat all I want. Though right now it is Paleo style.

The Warrior Diet is by far the best fat loss program I have used, but without protein during the underfeeding you "may" lose muscle. Not everyone will. It's also great for energy and awareness.

The late Wesley Silveira advised BCAAs during the underfeeding. In his later years he used the Warrior Diet as well. I tend to do both...protein and BCAAs.

Wesley states that some with lose muscle on a straight Warrior Diet with no underfeeding protein, and some won't. I agree with him 100% on this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have run a variation of it for over 2 years. I tried the no protein version for 2 months, but lost 7 pounds of muscle. I did caliper readings, and wasn't pleased.

A friend of mine contacted the creator of the Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler, at that time and Ori recommended protein feedings during the day. That's what I do right now. I sip on 100% pure whey isolate all morning with no defined limitation, and after dinner I eat all I want. Though right now it is Paleo style.

The Warrior Diet is by far the best fat loss program I have used, but without protein during the underfeeding you "may" lose muscle. Not everyone will. It's also great for energy and awareness.

The late Wesley Silveira advised BCAAs during the underfeeding. In his later years he used the Warrior Diet as well. I tend to do both...protein and BCAAs.

Wesley states that some with lose muscle on a straight Warrior Diet with no underfeeding protein, and some won't. I agree with him 100% on this.
Have you ever tried bulking with that or know of anyone who has? I've wanted to try it for a few months and it would fit nicely with my school schedule.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

So you have protein shakes throughout the day, until a certain hour, and then you feed like crazy?
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Have you ever tried bulking with that or know of anyone who has? I've wanted to try it for a few months and it would fit nicely with my school schedule.
I don't know any personally who has.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
So you have protein shakes throughout the day, until a certain hour, and then you feed like crazy?
Yes, something like this. I drink coffee all morning, and have whey in my coffee. I drink it out of a big shaker. It's more like having creamer in my coffee because it's not really thick at all.

After my workout I have a big dinner and eat until satiety, and about 2 hours later a snack - which could be cheese and sausage, fruit, tomatoes, almonds, etc.

I have a pretty slow metabolism due to age and the fact I sit all day for work, so I can't really eat much during the day as it is. I am just rarely hungry.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Interesting. Sounds like the timed fasting that I've been reading about. My natural tendency is to not be really hungry during the day, but I'm usually starving at night. If I blow the diet, it's usually late at night. This might be worth a try in the future. But I'm almost done with my diet for now (5lbs to go) and then it's back to eating excess. But I might give it a whirl next time I decide to drop some fat.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Interesting. Sounds like the timed fasting that I've been reading about. My natural tendency is to not be really hungry during the day, but I'm usually starving at night. If I blow the diet, it's usually late at night. This might be worth a try in the future. But I'm almost done with my diet for now (5lbs to go) and then it's back to eating excess. But I might give it a whirl next time I decide to drop some fat.
You and I are clones. If I don't get to bed by 9pm I will keep eating. The longer I stay up, the worse the food becomes. This is one of the reasons I use the Warrior Diet style.

We call it "farmer blood." Work all day, come in from the fields and eat until you fall asleep.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I don't know any personally who has.
Well it sounds interesting so I may give it a try if my schedule starts to fill up.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote