Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
embrance
Brawn
Points: 1,024, Level: 17 Points: 1,024, Level: 17 Points: 1,024, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

embrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality posts
Default Books on training that you have read.Reviews inside!

Ok so to start...
Build Muscle Lose Fat Look Great: Everything You Need to Know to Transform Your Body Stuart McRobert

Overall a very nice book but has two errors(in my view)
1)The tempo advice,3 secs lowering and 2 moving up the weight ,is kinda...flawed.It has been proven that slow tempo help on nothing ,ohter to full you muscle with byproducts of muscle breakdown that you dont want to be there,and that mocing weight fast is prefrable(read C.Thibadeau on this.)

2)He will break your balls with the SAFETY on this,and SAFETY on that etc.It get tiring after a while.
3.8/5

Men's Health Power Training: Build Bigger, Stronger Muscles with through Performance-based Conditioning Robert dos Remedios MA CSCS, Michael Boyle MA ATC

Now that THE shit.It works.Plain and simple.Even with two workouts per week,the full body ones,I was like HELL YEAH!Will do the full program later this year after I finish my 5x5 in two or three months.Bad things:

1)The advice on nitrition is no so good.Could be better.A must have.
4.2/5

Scrawny to Brawny: The Complete Guide to Building Muscle the Natural Way Michael Mejia C.S.C.S., John Berardi Ph.D. C.S.C.S.

I thought this would be good.But not so good.The hardgainer hype just get into my nerves lately.
3.5/5

Beyond Brawn: The Insider's Encyclopedia on How to Build Muscle and Might Stuart McRobert
Nothing here.Just some advices on training.
3/5

The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular YOU! Adam Campbell MS CSCS
Nice book,nice workouts,some good adivce and for the price it beats other books easily.The 5x5 beach programs work nicely.
4.2/5

The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Dobbins

Some VERY good advice on training,posing,and general all aspects of BBing.
COULD work,if you arte SERIOUS,like DEAD seirous about your goals as a pro BBer.I am not crazy enought to try the workout yet.I dont have the...foundation needed.:/
3.5/5

The Men's Health Hard Body Plan : The Ultimate 12-Week Program for Burning Fat and Building Muscle Larry Keller, Lou Schuler
3/5

Kinda weird read.Maybe the order they organised the book and the way they show the programs and recomned the templates used,could be better.

Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) Chad Waterbury
4/5

HFT works.Try it.Remember me.But it will kill you.For good.
embrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links