Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor
Default Not an inconvenience at all...

Wifey's sweet new paint job on her car. We've got the guy's information, so its getting taken care of. Still sucks though. She was mad as hell, but a week after we bought the car someone hit the same bumper in our parking lot. They didn't leave any info at all, so I did the best I could to get their huge paint mark off of our car. At least its getting fixed now. Back to sweet shiny red with no dings.

I work for a dealer so I told the insurance company that I'm choosing the body shop and I'm getting the parts from my selected Honda dealer. I've been in the business long enough to know that insurance companies are sweet con-artists. Most people aren't aware, but if you don't specify, or they can't find the parts aftermarket, you're getting a cheap ass aftermarket bumper from a company called Keystone most likely. And they have a sterling reputation for poor quality and body parts not lining up. Typically, this is more of an issue when its your fault though (when your insurance is paying out), but still.

So just as an FYI, just because your car is at the correct dealership, does not mean that you're getting that manufacturer's part, if its going through insurance. They do a very good job at hiding these details from the owner. I see it everyday. I've seen them put all sorts of used parts in cars, even brakes. Just be aware if you ever have to go through this, or do it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HONDA.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	3027  
Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice.

We have a matching dent on our new van. Same place - left rear bumper. We have no clue where it came from.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
ONpump17
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

People will always find a way to be dishonest...
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We have a matching dent on our new van. Same place - left rear bumper. We have no clue where it came from.
That sucks. Shame people don't typically own up to what they've done. I understand that insurance premiums go up and they're high enough as is, but should you really be leaving the burden on an unsuspecting person, when its your fault?

I work near DC so I see people come in every day with their mirrors hanging off their car, or completely removed. Our touareg's mirror glass alone costs almost $500 dollars. Steep price to pay for something that isn't your fault. And we're not even getting into how much the housing costs, because it has the motor attached to it.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

To be honest Shadow, I suspect that one of two things happened in our situation:

1) An old lady bumped our van and had no clue.
2) My wife backed into a light poll and had no clue.

Probably #2, but I won't pursue it and make my wife feel bad. Anything larger than a match box and she panics about "fitting it into a parking spot."

Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

If you're not overly concerned, I guess it doesn't matter. I've had someone hit my car within literally 30 seconds of me parking. They didn't leave a note or anything. I walked into a CVS, realized I didn't have my walet as so as I walked in, turned around and there was a sweet white mark about 1.5 feet in length.

Sneaky little bastard that one was....
Old 06-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Dreamy. I here you on the parts Mr. Worked for dealerships. So been there done that. Didn't like to though.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

I like my job because I'm with a good company, but I do not want this to be my career.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I worked at a dealership for 3 years. It was a good living but they sucked the life out of me with hours.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

What did you do at the dealership?

Personally, its just not where I want to end up. I've applied for the Fire Dpt. three times but they're always on a hiring freeze. I've even taken my exam, which I scored really well on. Unfortunately, they are hiring now, but only those who have classes. And my test scores expire next month. So I'll have to retake the 4 hour mind-numbing exam.