Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #21
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creechur View Post
Wow, my end all of threads ! I love to read haha. Currently reading the eigth book of the Wheel of Time series called The Path of Daggers. Just got done re-reading the Inheritance Cycle just out of boredom (waiting for the 4th book). Hopefully about to get started on a new series called the Kingkiller Chronicles which is supposed to be the new thing in fantasy. I love fantasy/action/adventure - read all the classics like LOTR, love them! Also a big Clive Cussler fan, no idea why I started on his stuff but I'm glad I did haha.
Wheel of Time is on my bucket list. I need to get to that...

Off topic...Does the Kindle come with a browser for Internet?
The Wheel of Time is the epitome of epic fantasy. It is very well-written and detailed.. but unfortunately you have to slog through some really slow parts to get to the good stuff.

The first 5 books or so are very riveting. Unfortunately somewhere around book 8 or 9 he seems to lose his way and meander aimlessly, adding new plot threads without tying up any. Books 12 and 13 (co-written with Brandon Sanderson, after Robert Jordan passed) are phenomenal. Book 12 I read non-stop in one sitting, stopping only for bio breaks. It was that good.

The final book is due to be released next spring/summer. I've been waiting for 10+ years to hear how this tale ends, and I'm now chomping at the bit to find out.
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #22
Creechur
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
The Wheel of Time is the epitome of epic fantasy. It is very well-written and detailed.. but unfortunately you have to slog through some really slow parts to get to the good stuff.

The first 5 books or so are very riveting. Unfortunately somewhere around book 8 or 9 he seems to lose his way and meander aimlessly, adding new plot threads without tying up any. Books 12 and 13 (co-written with Brandon Sanderson, after Robert Jordan passed) are phenomenal. Book 12 I read non-stop in one sitting, stopping only for bio breaks. It was that good.

The final book is due to be released next spring/summer. I've been waiting for 10+ years to hear how this tale ends, and I'm now chomping at the bit to find out.
Wewt I completely agree. The first five books I read in about 4 days apiece...whilst taking an 18 hour course load . 6 & 7 were just a little step down and they each took about a week. I have honestly been trying to chug through 8 for about a month, it just seems like absolutely nothing is happening haha. I will get it done though. Everyone is saying that the guy writing the Kingkiller Chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss) is supposed to be a big deal - The Name of the Wind is the name of the first one.

As far as a Kindle goes - I'd rather have my good ol' books but I can see where they would come in handy.
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I hit a wall with King's Dark Tower series at around book 4. Sounds a bit like the WoT series in the middle.

Anyone ever read the Rama series by Clarke? I devoured these books.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I hit a wall with King's Dark Tower series at around book 4. Sounds a bit like the WoT series in the middle.

Anyone ever read the Rama series by Clarke? I devoured these books.
I read the first one... never got around to reading 2 or 3.
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

@Steve, yes, has browser.

edit this for good measure.

I'd stick to just reading on it however, it has a browser but its nothing fantastic, good for on the run situations or a quit "google" nothing more.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #26
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Flawless sounds really interesting tbh...

I am currently reading King of Torts again by John Grisham, only about 40 pages in atm though so ill let you know (im thinking it may be a bit formulaic unfortunately), unless youve read it already

Carl.
I have just finished this. It kept you reading quite well and drew you in to the story OK. I couldnt really emphasise with the main character though as he IMHO deserved what he got. This is not really a plot spoiler as you can see it coming pretty much from about 40 pages in..

One word review: PREDICTABLE

next book that I will be reading, The Santa Mysteries, by a certain S.William Shaw...

Carl.

Last edited by Carl1174; 06-28-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #27
hdjoe
New Brawn
Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 10+
Training Type: Other
hdjoe is off to a bad start

currently reading

A Simple Government: Twelve Things We Really Need from Washington (and a Trillion That We Don't!) (2/22/2011)
byMike Huckabee

Fear No Evil: A Test of Faith, a Courageous Church, and an Unfailing God .
by Brady Boyd

read alot of non fiction

Last edited by hdjoe; 06-28-2011 at 02:02 PM.
hdjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #28
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I have just finished The Santa Mysteries, by a certain S.William Shaw...

it was good clean fun and i enjoyed it. it was actually quite gripping in parts too which you dont always expect from a Childrens book... My 11 year old daughter has just started reading it now too

I have just started The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, AGAIN... Its one of my favourite stories...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I hope she likes it Carl. Thanks again!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #30
ONpump17
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

For my 6000th post I give you... - Bodybuilding.com Forums

I've got more since then. Many are online, just post or ask for access.

Currently I am reading
Primary Book: "The Naked Roommate" on computer
Secondary Book: "Fall of Giants" actual hardcover
Back-up Book: "Anabolic Solution for Powerlifters"
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote