Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Vince Del Monte Rips MAB

Vince Del Monte, the e-book king ripped Muscle and Brawn via email.

He thinks I should turn every page into something that's purely profit driven, with links to reviews of products like his e-book. He believes that this is the holy grail of bodybuilding sites.

Vince Del Monte states:

Quote:
Get some reviews up and focus on quality bodybuilding content and have links to affiliate programs... my stuff is a good start.
Vince also stated that the site gave him no reason to stay. He clicked a couple times, and could see why the site gets no traffic. He also made fun of the forum.

BTW, MAB has been up under a year and receives over 500,000 page views a month and growing.

Vince also had other things to say, ripping MAB. But I don't want to waste my time. He did seem to dislike hot women.

Thanks, Del Monte, for calling the 500 articles, etc., I've put up the last year basically shit content.

--My interviews with prominent lifters and bodybuilders? Shit content compared to Del Monte's articles

--My library of training routines for powerlifting and bodybuilding? Shit content

Note to readers...the last thing I want to do is turn MAB into an e-book pimp site, or a supplement whore like T-Nation.

But I give Vince Del Monte credit. He is slick. He wants me to re-structure my entire site around his crap e-book. Yes, If I align myself under his MLM pyramid, all my dreams will come true!

We all know how that ends.

I am busting my ass to give MAB quality content. I've recently added articles from big name lifters such as Mike Mahler and Eric Talmant.

I had to rant a bit because there are far too many idiots in the bodybuilding realm. Vince Del Monte has a right to pursue his profits. But to insult Muscle and Brawn in the process is extremely short-sighted.

BTW, did I mention that Del Monte committed to an interview very early in 2009 and never followed through?

I'll continue to be a man of my word, and not a MLM whore.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-09-2009 at 08:15 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I'll continue to be a man of my word, and not a MLM whore.
That's exactly why I like this site and haven't visited another forum page in over a month. Keep it up!

big val
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
That's exactly why I like this site and haven't visited another forum page in over a month. Keep it up!

big val
Thanks Big Val.

And thanks for listening to my rant. It wasn't the way I wanted to start my morning.

One day I will write an article exposing the e-book end of bodybuilding, and expose just what sites exist only to sell you e-books. It's not hard to tell, once you know what to look for.

I don't have an issue with a site making profit...far from it. But e-book sites put up content for the sole purpose of leading you to an e-book.

I will continue to put up content that exists to get butts into gyms.

AND, I will admit...I have several links to e-books on MAB. SEVERAL, not hundreds. I like these e-books, and think they're worth the money. I've read them personally. But I haven't made money off them. I've made exactly $0 in the last year from e-books.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Usually when people start bashing someone who doesn't deserve it, it is purely out of insecurity. Chalk it up to that and take it as a compliment!
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

speaking of....I forgot this is the same last name that was posted over @ IPYU. Trying to plug himself.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Usually when people start bashing someone who doesn't deserve it, it is purely out of insecurity. Chalk it up to that and take it as a compliment!
Thanks Rick.

It really caught me off guard. I've emailed Vince several times, and tried to help him by interviewing him for MAB. I've read his e-book, and think it's pretty decent. It really caught me off guard.

I will admit some degree of personal insecurity. I can deal with constructive criticism, and know that MAB needs many things changed. But when a guy like Vince LOL's at my site...well...all respect is out the window for him as a human.

Quote:
LOL I'm guessing you're losing a lot of traffic
But here's the thing...many moderate to small bodybuilding sites are owned in secret by larger sites. Not mainstream ones like T-Nation, BB.com, etc.

An e-book pimp will own numerous sites, and will keep this fact hidden. They try to work the search engines and build link networks to raise the value of their e-books, e-book sites, whatever.

For example, say Joe Smith pimps an e-book. He may/will also own many sites that sound like "Joe's E-book, is it a Scam?" Not all of these sites are owned by Joe..many are also owned by people trying to profit from his e-book.

Search for an e-book title on the internet, and/or add "Scam" to the search, and you'll find numerous sites like this.

In any case, they know the game, and the game is this:

A) Links are king. They want high Google Page-Ranked sites to link heavily to them. And the more, the merrier.

B) Articles. E-bookers use articles and "reviews" for the sole purpose of leading you to their product. That's all that matters to them. It's 200% marketing driven. Articles are purposely written to lure you in.

Vince doesn't just want a link from MAB, or an interview. He wants me to turn MAB into a 100% e-book pimping site.

In the immortal words of wrestling's DX..."Vince, I've got 2 words for ya...SUCK IT."

Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
speaking of....I forgot this is the same last name that was posted over @ IPYU. Trying to plug himself.
Don't doubt that. I mod at several BB forums and the e-bookers like to hire spammers. I'm sure you've seen your share at IPYU.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

can't please everybody. I'm loyal to MAB
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote