Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LtL's Personal Ranting Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6538)

LtL 06-13-2011 04:07 PM

LtL's Personal Ranting Log

Is it obsession?

Is it obsession that I plan my training weeks in advance?

Is it obsession that the moment one training session ends, I'm already thinking about the next one?

Is it obsession that a PB is never enough? That once I've completed it and recovered, I'm already planning on adding another biscuit on the bar?

Is it obsession to video my lifts and watch them back, dissecting them in order to improve?

Is it obsession to finish one meal and immediately think about my next one?

Is it obsession to train until I puke, can't move or just plain pass out afterwards?

Is it obsession to eat before I go out to eat so that I get enough protein?

Is it obsession to go out and party with your friends but drink water and get home early so that you can train the next day?

Is it obsession to spend evenings watching YouTube videos of lifters, getting inspired and studying form?

Is it obsession to take training gear, bands and books on holiday?

Is it obsession? No. It's dedication.

LtL

Squatter 06-13-2011 04:59 PM

No to all the above. Any athlete with the desire to be the best at their chosen sport does all the above:mh:

Next rant please.:D How about a reprint of "your hobby" rant:)

BendtheBar 06-13-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 144562)
Is it obsession? No. It's dedication.

LtL

Great line. A goal requires dedication. Unless you are one lucky SOB, which I am not.

Aurik 06-13-2011 09:17 PM

Is it obsession for me to use your "Is it obsession" items as a checklist of "Yeah, I do that...". The wife & I were planning a trip to Aspen to visit her brother and his new baby (I can't go due to an exam immediately following the weekend she wants to go), but I was saying that I'm gonna have to check at least one bag, because I've got to bring all my gear along.. heck, I even found what appears to be a PL-friendly gym that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a day pass. Was going to drag her brother along and try to whip him into a bit of shape in the little time I've got. He's apparently tried to put on weight in the past but just can't seem to do it.

dmaipa 06-13-2011 11:22 PM

YEA BUDDY!! solid post LTL..it's all about dedication my brothers

Mr.Silverback 06-13-2011 11:45 PM

nice post LTL...obesession is a word the WEAK use to describe the STRONG...

Wlfdg 06-14-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback (Post 144632)
nice post LTL...obesession is a word the WEAK use to describe the STRONG...

Good line!

Carl1174 06-14-2011 02:48 AM

awesome, I have witnessed a few of your rants buddy and they are classic, in for epic thread :D

Is it obsession that i am trying to find a gym close to the Florida Mall on the internet so i can train on vacation whilst Mrs Carl is shopping ?

to me obsession = dedicated;

to everyone else obsession = SAD..

But I have never wanted to be everyone else or mediocre, remember 'Mediocrity is self-inflicted' :)

Carl.

LtL 06-14-2011 02:56 AM

Thanks guys. I don't know if I can find the hobby rant Jim but I'll try to rewrite it for my next entry for sure.

LtL

LtL 06-14-2011 03:39 PM

Anyone can ask me for a spot. If I'm not actually lifting or getting ready to lift, I will help anyone on any lift. In fact I welcome it and love helping people succeed. I do, however, want to clarify one little thing:

1. A spot is me watching over you and maybe tapping the bar to help you through the rep'. It should be all or mostly you.
2. If I have to row the bar off your effing chest, it is not all you. In fact it's mostly me!

Oh and lastly if I've rowed your first rep' off you, don't then start lowering the bar for double :confused: Further through the set you are, stronger you will not get.

http://teacherseducation.files.wordp...-much-fail.jpg

LtL