Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member
Exclamation Looking to expand my business

Looking for some ideas as to stream more income, currently I am co-owner of a training company. I have been thinking of new ways to bring in more income and wanted to get some opinions, advice, or guidance from those who have done so. I was thinking about retailing supplements, nothing elaborate just some of the basics to get folks heading down the right road.
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Are you looking to expand locally or in the online arena?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn

Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

BTB, I'm interested in either as I want to find a niche which I know is hard in this industry. I'm open to any helpful information.
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
Old 05-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
espm1000
Manlet on Fire
Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2+
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
espm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Looking for some ideas as to stream more income, currently I am co-owner of a training company. I have been thinking of new ways to bring in more income and wanted to get some opinions, advice, or guidance from those who have done so. I was thinking about retailing supplements, nothing elaborate just some of the basics to get folks heading down the right road.

You have a training company, you say? Do you guys do any team-training/boot camps? I know a very successful trainer in my area who does physical preparedness tests on his clients and gives group discounts to individuals who want to undergo a bootcamp/team training type session.
espm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
BTB, I'm interested in either as I want to find a niche which I know is hard in this industry. I'm open to any helpful information.
I could help you with quite a few suggestions as far as the Internet goes. I make my living in the industry and know quite a bit about what works and what doesn't.

From an Internet marketing perspective, it's hard work. You need to be willing to:

1) Write articles/information that stands out and gets read. There are a lot of predators and peddlers in out niche who churn out tripe article after tripe article, and it clogs Google. People love workouts and tips - practical, usable advice.

2) You need to develop a presence. This involves keeping training logs and helping others. Every day.

3) You need to be willing to invest a minimum of 3-5 years of doing the above just to crack the top tier of sites.

Supplement stores are a dime a dozen on the net. So are article sites. The ones that stand out, stand out because the people behind them put in a lot of hard work and develop a name for themselves. And because they write things that aren't the same old, same old...they have defined ideas, and are willing to share them no matter who attacks or laughs.

I work in the industry and meet a lot of people who want Internet success. I tell them what it takes, and help them to set it up. 99% of them disappear after 2 months.

If you are willing to put in the time, write at least 2 quality articles or pieces of content each week for 3-5 years, and help others online, you will make a name for yourself. I lift up Rippetoe and EliteFTS as examples. They continue to capture interest via new articles and content.

Sooner or later as you get big, people want to write for you, and that's when things get good.

I can help get your articles posted on several major sites, but in general they need to be 800-900+ words and filled with specific info and tips/advice/stances/viewpoints. If it's not a tip or advice driven article, it generally needs to say something strong that people will read.

I have made many mistakes during my 3 years on the net. My primary one was not adding content/articles every week. These articles also have to be structured and organized properly so that people, and Google can find them.

My second major mistake was wasting time with haters, or people who attacked my articles/opinions. I learned the hard way that my time was better spent growing a site than worry about the 10% that hate me. There will always be 10%.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-30-2011 at 03:54 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn

@ BTB, thanks for the helpful info brother, I am fairly new to the whole article writing process but I am willing to learn. Honestly if you could look over the article I sent you and give me your honest critique I would greatly appreciate it.

@ espm, we offer something similar but I have never thought about offering it as a test on GPP. That's a pretty interesting concept. Please tell me more!
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
therealmarcogalindo
therealmgalindo
Brawn
Points: 615, Level: 12 Points: 615, Level: 12 Points: 615, Level: 12
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3 years
Fav Exercise: DEADLIFT.
Fav Supp: Protein.
therealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good posts

A spokesmodel/sponser/endorser could be of help to you & your business.
therealmarcogalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmarcogalindo View Post
A spokesmodel/sponser/endorser could be of help to you & your business.
I agree but I have no idea where to source one. Have you ever done this before or know someone who has?
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
therealmarcogalindo
therealmgalindo
Brawn
Points: 615, Level: 12 Points: 615, Level: 12 Points: 615, Level: 12
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3 years
Fav Exercise: DEADLIFT.
Fav Supp: Protein.
therealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good posts

I myself do not have experience in owning a business, but i do have an interest & experience in being a endorser/sponser. From what i know endorsements/sponsers should be gained once a business is setup & running efficiently to bring in more business & recognition to the company. Sponsers/Endorsements can be somewhat of a risk because for a business it can be hard to see exactly how much business the sponser/endorser actually brings in. All in all, sponsers/endorsers can be great for a business if done the right way.
therealmarcogalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
I agree but I have no idea where to source one. Have you ever done this before or know someone who has?
I am flirting with this process now as I move up the top US rankings. I developed an introduction letter, a resume, and a marketing powerpoint explaining how I can help companies market their products. Started with various equipment companies, and some supplement places. You want to find someone who fits the mold of your product, and is as popular name as you can afford. I wouldn't put much money into anyone unless you feel like they can market your products. More than welcome to look at my stuff and see what I am talking about. I got all my advice from power lifters who are currently sponsored.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote