Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pro Football Picks (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632)

big valsalva 09-03-2009 11:59 PM

Pro Football Picks

Would anybody be interested in starting up a friendly competition of weekly football picks? There are several sites that allow you to form teams and make weekly picks. The past couple of years I've participated on Yahoo Sports, but one big drawback is that you only have until kick-off of the first game of the week to make all your picks. Once that first game kicks off, your picks are locked. So if you forget that there is a Thursday night game and don't get your picks made, then guess what, you're hosed.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune also has a league. In that one you have until just before the kick-off of every game to make picks. They automatically throw out your four worst weeks. If you forget to pick, then they populate your picks with the "fan favorites." Plus, in the past they have had an "Eliminator Game," where you pick your one mortal lock for the week. If your team wins, you're in (but you can't pick that team again). If they lose, you're out of the Eliminator, but still in for the regular weekly picks.

Is there any interest? If so, then I can register a team (I'm leaning toward the Minneapolis Star-Tribune) and let everyone know the login information. I know they have weekly prizes (like Best Buy gift cards), but I was thinking too, that maybe we could come up with something at the end of the season for our own winner.

big val

bwys61 09-04-2009 05:51 AM

Im definitely interested. One of you web geniuses set it up and I am in

BendtheBar 09-04-2009 06:40 AM

I'm in. I can almost smell football season.

big valsalva 09-04-2009 07:07 AM

Great! I took the liberty of setting up a private group at the Minneapolis Star Tribune. It's a national game, but this just happens to be the only gateway I know of to get in. I'll PM you guys the details. I'm out for the weekend, and won't be back until Monday, so if anyone else wants in wait patiently.

BendtheBar 09-04-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big valsalva (Post 4354)
Great! I took the liberty of setting up a private group at the Minneapolis Star Tribune. It's a national game, but this just happens to be the only gateway I know of to get in. I'll PM you guys the details. I'm out for the weekend, and won't be back until Monday, so if anyone else wants in wait patiently.

I'm in like Flynn.

bwys61 09-04-2009 08:52 AM

I have already signed up

BendtheBar 09-04-2009 09:11 AM

Contest URL: Fan Frenzy
Go here and register yourself personally then clikk on "MY GROUPS." Select "JOIN A PRIVATE GROUP."

Group Name:The Brawniacs
Password:PM Biggie V for that

I just stickied the thread...

And just so you guys understand...all you do in PICK WINNERS. It's not a fantasy league. It only takes 1 minute a week.

big valsalva 09-04-2009 02:29 PM

Hey, I'm out of town for the weekend. I'll handle PM's for password access when I get back on Monday. THis is going to be fun. Thanks alot gang.

big val

BendtheBar 09-04-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big valsalva (Post 4393)
Hey, I'm out of town for the weekend. I'll handle PM's for password access when I get back on Monday. THis is going to be fun. Thanks alot gang.

big val

Have a good weekend!

BendtheBar 09-05-2009 08:34 PM

BUMP. We need some more guys. it only takes 1 minute a week.