Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Also, I do not believe these people (actors/celebrities/etc) should be looked up to; they are not idols, they do not live lives we should try to emulate. It is a shame that so many of the 'undiscovered masses' which make up our society are listening to these people - people who, if anything, are even more ****ed up than plain old regular people; only they have been given money for being 'artistic'.
^ This.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

DieselWeasel is that avatar of you?? You look like Jason Statam man!

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #23
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
DieselWeasel is that avatar of you?? You look like Jason Statam man!
Yeah, that's me. Just call me The Mechanic. LOL

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #24
MMA Max
Max Brawn

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Omg! It is you! lol

Old 04-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #25
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
This guy is actually a terrible Thor, Thor being one of my favs, this guy does not even come close to cutting it.

When the movie was cast they picked a swedish BB champ to play thor, the guys was like 6'5+ and well into some unholy weight..Now that's thor, Not this dude, Not even close...
Unfortunately, a Swedish BB champ is unlikely to be a competent actor. Moviemaking can ameliorate a lot of physical shortcomings through camera angles, lighting, CGI etc. However, they have not yet discovered a technology to disguise bad acting.

Personally, I think a huge Thor who delivers his lines like a plank is ultimately going to be less convincing than a smaller Thor who can act.

Quote:
Gerard butler got some pretty good size and he was drug free, So ya.
How do you know?
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Then you are obviously not a comic book fan lol, Thor is not filled with action packed results. Its like watching the Hulk, You want to see a massive god of thunder flying around and beating the hell out of shit. Thor's ending to civil war was just that, Thor hates Humanity and the Avengers and just runs around pounding shit into the stone age.

This is not rocket science, Thor grab hammer, Thor throw hammer, Thor crush bad guy...

I dont remember the last time I opened a Thor comic and thought " Wow, this story really moved me" I open it and think " I wonder who thor is going to put his fist though..Thor vs Hulk, always a epic fight!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #27
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Then you are obviously not a comic book fan lol, Thor is not filled with action packed results. Its like watching the Hulk, You want to see a massive god of thunder flying around and beating the hell out of shit. Thor's ending to civil war was just that, Thor hates Humanity and the Avengers and just runs around pounding shit into the stone age.

This is not rocket science, Thor grab hammer, Thor throw hammer, Thor crush bad guy...

I dont remember the last time I opened a Thor comic and thought " Wow, this story really moved me" I open it and think " I wonder who thor is going to put his fist though..Thor vs Hulk, always a epic fight!
Funny you should say that. I'm sitting about six feet away from a chest containing about five hundred comics from the 60s to the 90s. About 200 of them are Thor. So I am, or have been, a comic book fan. And I'm excited about the Thor project and want it to be good.

I like some of Kenneth Branagh's stuff, so I think it's in good hands. If someone like Zack Snyder directed it, I wouldn't waste my money.

I do want to see a massive God of Thunder beating the hell out of shit. But if a guy playing him can't convince me that he is Thor, then it's just boring. And that process of convincing starts with what he says and does, and whether that rings true.

It doesn't matter what sort of film it is, how simple or complex it is, script-story-acting are the basics. Without that you've got more of a comic than the Thor comic.
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #28
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

gerard butler didnt put on much size...you guys would be surprised how much LARGER you can appear just by getting super lean...
not to mention they did a lot of make up to bring out the muscles and all on 300. search around, i beleive there is a video of the actors haveing their abs touched up with make up to make them pop more.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #29
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Funny you should say that. I'm sitting about six feet away from a chest containing about five hundred comics from the 60s to the 90s. About 200 of them are Thor. So I am, or have been, a comic book fan. And I'm excited about the Thor project and want it to be good.

I like some of Kenneth Branagh's stuff, so I think it's in good hands. If someone like Zack Snyder directed it, I wouldn't waste my money.

I do want to see a massive God of Thunder beating the hell out of shit. But if a guy playing him can't convince me that he is Thor, then it's just boring. And that process of convincing starts with what he says and does, and whether that rings true.

It doesn't matter what sort of film it is, how simple or complex it is, script-story-acting are the basics. Without that you've got more of a comic than the Thor comic.
Ah, another weight lifting comic fan, Funny how these things go hand in hand

Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #30
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I am going to agree with Big5 and go a tad further, This guy isnt even that big. I know plenty of people including inlcuding big5 who are not juiced and get this big if not bigger. This guy is actually a terrible Thor, Thor being one of my favs, this guy does not even come close to cutting it.

I agree, and thanks.

I heard about the movie going to be produced and immediately started thinking of who was going to play Thor and who I though should play Thor. First guy that came to my mind...

Mike O'Hearn aka "Titan" from American Gladiators, dudes got a good physique, the hair, the look, and not too overly-muscled up.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote