Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Chicago school bans home lunches

Chicago school bans home lunches...

Public school bans students from bringing lunches from home, forces them to eat cafeteria food

Quote:
Principal Elsa Carmona first enacted the food policy after observing some of her students drinking sodas and eating chips for lunch, instead of eating a well-balanced meal. By both mandating that students eat lunch at school and improving the quality of food served, she hoped to improve the health of her students.

While they appear to be good intentioned, Carmona's efforts have actually angered many students who say they would prefer to bring their own lunches from home. And ironically, the policy has had the opposite effect, in some cases, of actually causing students not to eat anything at all, which is even worse for their health.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

With how nutritionally poor school lunches are, I am glad that my kids choose to take home lunches several times per week.

It's funny how any school principle could honestly say nuggets and the like are healthy, proper choices. In our day we had mostly meat, starches and veggies in school. It didn't always taste good but it was real food.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

All I remember about school lunches is that the cafeteria food is *nasty*. I'd just as soon go hungry as eat the crap my school cafeteria served. Way to go, Principal Worthless!
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #4
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I wouldnt trust a school to feed my kids... They all take lunch to school with them. At least that way i have some kind of say in what my kids are eating throughout the day

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

At one stage my school was selling salads, rolls, some fruits, pies and chicken breaks (which I loved, they had chilli and normal ones). They also sold coke and stuff, but they also sold milk and water and fruit juices. It was ok food, but you had reasonable options for eating.

Then they went "healthy" and now everything was low fat, but more junk food. So instead of selling milk they sold low fat chocolate milk. Instead of chicken breast and rolls they sold low fat pies and sausage rolls with "meat" in them. I was not happy about this, especially about how loosely they used the word "meat". Luckily at this stage I had a car so I drove to the shops to get real food at lunch. This new menu has the worst food imaginable, I wouldnt eat anything from there.

EDIT:
But most days I would bring food with me. My family always eat well

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training Ė and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote