Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Collarbone Injury (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5784)

BendtheBar 04-05-2011 10:15 AM

Collarbone Injury

I have an odd right collarbone injury. I do NOT have sharp pain, but I do have some minor discomfort and dull pain when pressing overhead.

I am not sure if I cracked anything. It doesn't feel like a tear, and I don't notice it at all while doing heavy deadlifts, rows, etc.

I can only notice it while pulling my shoulders back (squats), and while pressing overhead. In general it just fees like something is out of whack.

Carl1174 04-05-2011 10:21 AM

Id go see a physio Steve, although there isnt a major problem and is probably easily sorted, you dont want to aggrivate something and end up properly injured :eek:

Carl.

BendtheBar 04-05-2011 10:35 AM

I should but I probably won't. With our crappy insurance I have only a few docs to pick from. Most I have seen already, and they scare the living daylights out of me.

LtL 04-05-2011 10:41 AM

Maybe have a chiro' look at you?

LtL

BendtheBar 04-05-2011 10:47 AM

I was thinking of that. Our insurance only pays $17 so I hope the damage isn't too bad.

I am too poor to afford health care.

LtL 04-05-2011 10:59 AM

See we have national health but for any sports injuries I still just go privately. If I went through NHS the problem would be fixed by the time they saw me OR they'd do what they have done in the past which is three things:

1. Tell me I'm fat (I'm not massively but according to BMI I'm obese).
2. Tell me not to lift.
3. Tell me to take ibuprofen.

I can do 2 out of those 3 myself (very rarely do I stop lifting :D)!!!

LtL

BendtheBar 04-05-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 127225)
See we have national health but for any sports injuries I still just go privately. If I went through NHS the problem would be fixed by the time they saw me OR they'd do what they have done in the past which is three things:

1. Tell me I'm fat (I'm not massively but according to BMI I'm obese).
2. Tell me not to lift.
3. Tell me to take ibuprofen.

I can do 2 out of those 3 myself (very rarely do I stop lifting :D)!!!

LtL

^ That's about the horse crap I would receive going to my normal doc. My visit would go like this:

1) Wait for 45 minutes to be seen.
2) Nurse brings me back, weighs me, takes blood pressure and vitals.
3) I sit waiting for the doctor for another 20 minutes.
4) Doctor enters...pokes and prods for 2 minutes and tries to look interested. Says a total of 3 words.
5) Doctor step out of the room for 10 minutes.
6) Doctor returns and says that "there is no sharp pain so I do not see any reason for an X-ray, so I think you should just rest up and take it easy for a month."
7) Doctor then stands, tells me he will give me a prescription for the pain (that I don't have) just in case, and leaves.
8) I wait 15 more minutes.
9) Nurse enters, hands me the prescription, I toss it in the garbage, and I leave.

I am 99.9% sure this is exactly how things would go. Then I would get a huge bill.