Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Swearing in Public (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5713)

BendtheBar 03-28-2011 07:03 AM

Swearing in Public

I have been noticing more and more the last several years people dropping F bombs in public without caring who was near.

This weekend we were at a hotel pool with about 5 kids and a group of late 20-something couples head to the hot tub. They dropped about 50 F bombs in 10 minutes.

Is this just my old age showing, or is anyone else seeing people more willing to act like this in public?

Spartigus 03-28-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 125455)
I have been noticing more and more the last several years people dropping F bombs in public without caring who was near.

This weekend we were at a hotel pool with about 5 kids and a group of late 20-something couples head to the hot tub. They dropped about 50 F bombs in 10 minutes.

Is this just my old age showing, or is anyone else seeing people more willing to act like this in public?

I see 10 year old kids dropping F-Bombs all over the place, I dont know whats going on now days.

I personally, for some reason, almost never swear, unless the time really calls for it.

bamazav 03-28-2011 07:33 AM

Steve, You are seeing it more and you are old. sorry dude.

LtL 03-28-2011 07:36 AM

People have less shame about it nowadays. We all know the words but some of us know restraint.

LtL

BendtheBar 03-28-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 125463)
Steve, You are seeing it more and you are old. sorry dude.

Unfortunately my mouth becomes less hesitant to tell them to shut up as I age. I did bite my tongue and move on this time.

Carl1174 03-28-2011 08:02 AM

I see/hear groups of girls out side of my daughters school aged 12/13 doing it all the time. It sounds horrible, plus they are withing ear shot of the younger kids (aged 4-10) in my other daughters school. I cant stop myself i have to say something to them.

I hate the thought that my eldest daughter may swear, but i know there is no way of stopping it. i just hope she has the sense that if she is doing it, it is not within earshot of older/younger people that could pull her up on it.

I swear, but not within earshot of anyone that may find it dissrespectful or offensive.

Carl.

BendtheBar 03-28-2011 08:13 AM

I have a sailor's mouth at times and really have to watch myself at home. But we talk to our daughter's about swearing. Thank goodness my oldest daughter could care less right now.

andys_trim 03-28-2011 09:13 AM

I don't swear around women. When I'm with guys, I will when we are just joking around. I very rarely get mad enough to swear. It doesn't make anything better.

bigtim27 03-28-2011 09:48 AM

I live in the suburbs of philly now but my mom still lives in the city and the mouths on some of these kids is just ridiculous. Kids are 12-13 swearing like they just stepped foot of a pirate ship. Alot of kids these days are exposed to alot more violence and thuggery at a young age and I thing society in general is alot more loose and accepting of things that were frowned upon when I was younger.

BendtheBar 03-28-2011 09:59 AM

The kids don't bother me as much as the adults. And it's not like the adults are trashy. They looked like college educated individuals.