Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

swearing has just become so much of a "normal" thing in society that it doesn't mean anything to the younger generation. We hear things like "hello you b*stard! how are you?"...not exactly the way we would greet people and not said in a low tone either; it's the norm.

Then, kids, youngsters, and some younger adults use the wording to sound "hard" so that they are left alone when out and about.

In the 2 years that I've been on forums, I've noticed a distinct change in word usage as well.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

I was raised to watch ny mouth. When I'm in my own home amongst family and friends but when I'm out in public I don't swear, guess
because of the way I was raised.
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Unfortunately my mouth becomes less hesitant to tell them to shut up as I age. I did bite my tongue and move on this time.
You've got great restraint. I would have had to say something to them. I've done it at the community pool with the HS kids there. I'll say, can you guys watch your language, there are little kids around (And my kids aren't even "little" anymore).

We are in an age where everyone thinks they so are important to the point where their conversation should be heard above and beyond all others in a public place, etc. Lots and lots of attention-whorism and just egotistical, me-first obsession.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Sorry if this is wrong, but it just fits right in for this thread..

On a more serious note, I restrain myself when I feel I need to. Not around kids or women, not at the workplace, and not to cops. Other than that, I drop F bombs and whatever else all the time, but not overkill. I'm not really offended by others who do it, just those who do it excessively just to sound cool.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

All I have to say is if you do and im around you better hope there are no women, or younger kids or im calling you out on it, done it several times.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
All I have to say is if you do and im around you better hope there are no women, or younger kids or im calling you out on it, done it several times.
word!

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #17
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
If I drop an F bomb, and there is some lady and her kid behind me, and I don't know this. It does not count.. although, if I feel I am in an area where that could happen, it won't. I generally speak fairly low volume anyway, so if someone does have a problem it more than likely means they were listening. Big difference between listening, and just hearing someone speak.

Oh, and if it did happen, and you were there, and you called me out on it..I would not run, nor hide, nor deny.. I would apologize to those offended and move on.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #18
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

I just posted this on my FB last night. I was sitting in a Hall waiting for class and these two fat women were sitting for class and one was just "F this and F that and I fkn party like a rock star" and all I could think is "Nobody cares, Your just a fat sloppy b!&c*

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #19
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

It bother's me when people swear in public or family places. It is very disrespectful, not just to women and children, but also to the men with the women and children. There is a time and a place for it, but people don't use enough common sense or judgement to determine when they should or shouldn't.

The thing that really really bothers me now, are the guys (usually 17-24ish) running around with cuss words in big letters on there shirts. I see it in public, i see it in the gym. I find it very hard to not confront them. I have no respect for a person who wears such things.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
It bother's me when people swear in public or family places. It is very disrespectful, not just to women and children, but also to the men with the women and children. There is a time and a place for it, but people don't use enough common sense or judgement to determine when they should or shouldn't.

The thing that really really bothers me now, are the guys (usually 17-24ish) running around with cuss words in big letters on there shirts. I see it in public, i see it in the gym. I find it very hard to not confront them. I have no respect for a person who wears such things.
Ah, I agree with you on this. I saw a guy that had a shirt on that said Im rich bitch and I thought..Your shopping at walmart..How is that possible?

The only shirt I wear that has a slight anything is my " I LOVE latinas shirt"

Totally off topic but Latinas mmmmm

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote