Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Passed my UK Driving test :) (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5592)

TankUK 03-04-2011 12:22 PM

Passed my UK Driving test :)

So i passed :) im well chuffed with the result

It was a hard nerve shredding heart pumping experience
i have freinds in the us. and they told me what they have to do to get a drivers licence it sounds so easy. quite simple infact

if only ours was that way ... but i dont need to do it now anyway :D lol kerching!

ricka182 03-04-2011 01:32 PM

Congrats man..

In the US, the driving test is done by State, not nationally. So one state can make it easy, one can make it hard. Not very United if you ask me...

In Massachusetts, about 17 years ago when I took my exam.. I had the most feared State Trooper as the examiner. Feared because he was known to fail people very often.. I left the RMV parking lot, drove down a side street and pulled over. Made a 3 point turn, and drove back. I then got out of the car with it still in drive... and yet, I passed. I think he liked my fingerless leather gloves I wore..

I wish the US would have a requirement for all people to wait until they hit 18y/o to get a license, require all to take drivers education classes, and have a single national license with picture and fingerprint...

Trevor Lane 03-04-2011 02:17 PM

Congrats on the license Tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 121025)
I wish the US would have a requirement for all people to wait until they hit 18y/o to get a license, require all to take drivers education classes, and have a single national license with picture and fingerprint...

Dude not to make this political, but have you ever read our Constitution?

ricka182 03-04-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 121030)
Dude not to make this political, but have you ever read our Constitution?

Of course I have...but that doesn't mean I agree with it. I honestly feel it should be rewritten, or at least amended to address todays issues.. Things are very different now than they were back then.

This is just my opinion...not trying to offend anyone or be too political..

TankUK 03-04-2011 03:15 PM

cheers folks

5kgLifter 03-04-2011 04:12 PM

Congrats Tank! I failed mine :D

TankUK 03-04-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 121055)
Congrats Tank! I failed mine :D

They fail you on the stupidest things though.
This was my second one.
the first time up untill i got back in to the test centre id passed but i had to reverse park between 2 lines and i was over the line and bam i was failed! lol. i said i knew all i had to do was pull forward and reverse to straighten it up but nope fail fail fail ! . Was so happy i passed this time though. i think im still pretty numb. It will all sink in once i get some wheels

5kgLifter 03-04-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankUK (Post 121058)
They fail you on the stupidest things though.
This was my second one.
the first time up untill i got back in to the test centre id passed but i had to reverse park between 2 lines and i was over the line and bam i was failed! lol. i said i knew all i had to do was pull forward and reverse to straighten it up but nope fail fail fail ! . Was so happy i passed this time though. i think im still pretty numb. It will all sink in once i get some wheels

Yeah, I think mine was "not using the mirrors enough", it's only afterwards that someone informs you that you should physically turn your head to prove you're actually looking in them...duh! Like I can't move my eyes :thefinger: I mean, I never hit anything :march:

TankUK 03-04-2011 04:23 PM

yeah i would of thought its better to not move ur head nad just flick ur eyes lol but nope they want you to move it so you look like ur paranoid or trippin your tits off on something lol

5kgLifter 03-04-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankUK (Post 121066)
yeah i would of thought its better to not move ur head nad just flick ur eyes lol but nope they want you to move it so you look like ur paranoid or trippin your tits off on something lol

LOL, perfect descrip though! More likely to actually plough into another motorist that way as well :)