Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
DaRidler
Brawn
Points: 692, Level: 13 Points: 692, Level: 13 Points: 692, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Bench Press...DUH
Fav Supp: Oreo Cookies
DaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good postsDaRidler has made some good posts
Default Sore beyond Sore

Lately I got into that "COMFORTABLE" workout, doing well enough to maintain, felt a little sore the next day and so on. Well, this new hunger I have and new program......WOW, I hurt, really hurt, I am loving this new workout, made me realize I was not working out to my full potential. Kinda mad at myself, but its so easy to fall off the horse as hard as we work out week after week.

What motivates you to stay on the horse and ride through the bad days, weeks, home life, work troubles, idiots in the gym you just cant ignore?
DaRidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

This forum! This forum, it's members are like family to me. I've been here since day one and plan to be here for a very long time. Steve has done so much for me over the years that I feel like we are family. The members here a great and a great motivation for me. The time that everyone puts in, the workouts, the diets and most importantly the support and no BS rules we have in place here.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Steve has done so much for me over the years that I feel like we are family.
Thanks Ripped. I feel the same.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRidler View Post
What motivates you to stay on the horse and ride through the bad days, weeks, home life, work troubles, idiots in the gym you just cant ignore?
One of my main motivations is that I want to succeed wildly using simple methods. I was spoon fed so many ideas from magazines over the years that did very little to help me. Now that I am older, I really want to be a living example to the younger guys that they don't need complexity as a beginning and intermediate lifter.

My primary motivation is to challenge myself and accomplish things I never thought possible. I want a 600 pound raw squat at the age of 50. I want a 700 pound raw deadlift at the age of 50. I want to overhead press weight that makes jaws hit the ground. While I do not train for, or care about attention, it makes me feel good that I did not bottle myself into the category of poor genetics and accept poor results.

I am also highly motivated to grow this community the right way. This inspires me to keep pushing and doing the right things in my personal life.

I am also motivated by the haters; people that hop on Youtube or BB.com and bash other lifters. I want to work hard, in and out of the gym, to do the right thing so I do not fall into the same pit. The world needs heroes, and while I may not be one, I wake up every day with the goal to add to people's lives and not take away from them. This is a strong motivation for me. All the hatred and asshole-i-ness in this industry wears me down.

Also, at the end of my life, I want people to say good things about me. I want to honor my wife and kids and parents. I spent a lot of time in life feeling sorry for myself. I was a selfish bastard. Along the way I learned how important it is to think of others first. It has helped me with my relationships, and I am motivated to lead by example and help others the best I can.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
TBtaylor52
LG Science Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 1,397, Level: 20 Points: 1,397, Level: 20 Points: 1,397, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Lipotropic Protein
TBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
One of my main motivations is that I want to succeed wildly using simple methods. I was spoon fed so many ideas from magazines over the years that did very little to help me. Now that I am older, I really want to be a living example to the younger guys that they don't need complexity as a beginning and intermediate lifter.

My primary motivation is to challenge myself and accomplish things I never thought possible. I want a 600 pound raw squat at the age of 50. I want a 700 pound raw deadlift at the age of 50. I want to overhead press weight that makes jaws hit the ground. While I do not train for, or care about attention, it makes me feel good that I did not bottle myself into the category of poor genetics and accept poor results.

I am also highly motivated to grow this community the right way. This inspires me to keep pushing and doing the right things in my personal life.

I am also motivated by the haters; people that hop on Youtube or BB.com and bash other lifters. I want to work hard, in and out of the gym, to do the right thing so I do not fall into the same pit. The world needs heroes, and while I may not be one, I wake up every day with the goal to add to people's lives and not take away from them. This is a strong motivation for me. All the hatred and asshole-i-ness in this industry wears me down.

Also, at the end of my life, I want people to say good things about me. I want to honor my wife and kids and parents. I spent a lot of time in life feeling sorry for myself. I was a selfish bastard. Along the way I learned how important it is to think of others first. It has helped me with my relationships, and I am motivated to lead by example and help others the best I can.
Amazing post.
TBtaylor52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I want to honestly see how far I can go, I have been half arsed about it for so long, doing OK. But I really want to give it my all and see how far I can go. I have blamed genetics, asthma and so many different programs in the past it is ridiculous. I have been 'that guy' trying everything different, being inconsistent then blaming everything and everyone else for not getting the result. I was scared of giving it my all and failing so i invented reasons that I could fail. I realise now as long as I do give it my all, I CANT FAIL. I am in a zone now and I just done want to fall out of it again.

This forum, and Steve and glwanabe in particular have been great.

They have given me so much of their time that it is nuts and I appreciate every minute of it. If i can build myself a half decent body, it will be down to their time and knowledge and my hard work. I dont want to let them or myself down and I plan on riding this horse for as long as I can.

Its not my last chance as I am only 36, but I know it will only get harder from here on in and I want to make sure I give it my all now. Everytime I feel like not hitting it I remember these things. I think of my journal and all the great comments that have been said in there. People tell me they enjoy reading it and I amjoy making it, but I cant do that without the work in the first place.

Finally I want my wife and kids to be proud of me. When we are on holidays and I have my shirt off, I dont just want them to not be embarrassed I want them to be proud Im their Daddy and husband...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

The world needs heroes, and while I may not be one, I wake up every day with the goal to add to people's lives and not take away from them.
Hey, when I see your avi, I think hero every time!

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
idiots in the gym you just cant ignore?

This portion doesn't apply personally to me, because I have a home gym. I am the idiot, I have to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRidler View Post

What motivates you to stay on the horse and ride through the bad days, weeks, home life, work troubles......
Several years ago, I made the commitment, that this was going to be a lifestyle, and a part of me as my left and right nut swings freely between my thighs (though they are little lower now, nearing 50 years old, and the thighs seem to play teather ball with these little fellas ).

What keeps me going now, is what the past history of training/dieting has tought me. One of the major things it has tought me, is: It in fact slows the aging process, and I am currently in far better shape nearing 50, than I was in my early 40's (I was an old aging 40ish year old man). It has taught me so many things, and next to my wife, it IS my best friend.

With this in mind there is no greater....personal present I can give to myself than keeping the body that is going to carry me though life in condition mentally and physically.

One life, one body, and I need to take care of it in order to improve the odds it will take care of me. The weight room and I are as one. It's my partner, and I like the fact this it is blunt and in my face, and does not lie to me. It always tells me the truth. I am a no smoke and mirrors sort of person.

So, every year, I set goals to reach around my birthday, to give my body a present, and there is no greater gift in my opinion.

Trust me, if our bodies fail, most of us would give almost anything to cure it; therefore, I want to provide it strength to assist in combating what may be forth coming. I am in charge. The body has no mind. It reacts according to its design. There is a reason we have flesh between our skulls.

In addition, I study psychology and motivation. I study dietary structure and bodily functions related to diet and training. All of these can teach me "how to" and combat issues that may come up. I am simply proactive about it. Who knows yourself better than you? Additionally, I let logic dictate my reaction, and believe that if I change the way I view things, the things I view will change.

Personally, I keep a running dietary and training log (it works for me, If a problem comes up such as a plateau in diet or training, I do not have to guess, the numericl data is right there to make changes from).

In addition, I keep a diary stipulating my personal feelings based on criteria contained from the diet and training journals, and make judgements (on whether to train or not) on these numerical data, and not based on emotions. For example, If I am dieting down (to lose fat tissue), and using a low-carb subset in the macros, and performing partial depletion workouts (I use Lyle Mcdonalds methods), I know I am going to feel like major ass (due to the side effects), and look at the volume, intensity, time off, and (my job work load--not emotional work load), to dictate my reactionary method.

Damn! Life has tought me that the body can do more than it "thinks" it can.

Anyone been in the military?......**** me......you learn a lesson through going through boot camp and other training, that the body can do with less sleep (while still taking in DI BS), and physical demands high, and still function.......

I am no fuggen cry baby, I WANT what I want, and this is it.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote