Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mr. Olympia, ifbb pro arnold schwarzenegger hunts for hollywood roles again! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5428)

rippednmichigan 02-11-2011 08:04 PM

Mr. Olympia, ifbb pro arnold schwarzenegger hunts for hollywood roles again!

Posted in: Articles by ProSource, Gossip, Andrew Oye's Pro Muscle Report
By Andrew Oye | Feb 11, 2011

MR. OLYMPIA, image The Item: Legends Update, Entertainment Industry News

The Scoop: Just reported: Hollywood action movie star, 7-time Mr. Olympia and IFBB Pro Arnold Schwarzenegger is hungry for the shine of the silver screen after a long break from leading roles. Yesterday (February 10), Schwarzenegger posted online that he is ready for the big roles to roll in again.

According to The Hollywood Reporter: "Exciting news," [Schwarzenegger] wrote. "My friends at CAA have been asking me for 7 years when they can take offers seriously. Gave them the green light today."

The "So What?": After 7 years of service, the former California governor completed his back-to-back terms this year. With his political duties ending last month, Schwarzenegger likely has more time on his hands to explore acting options - that is, aside from planning his major fitness expo, the Arnold Sports Festival, in Columbus, OH (March 5).

Schwarzenegger had brief cameos or small parts in The Rundown with Dwayne " The Rock" Johnson (2003); a remake of Around the World in 80 Days with Jackie Chan (2004); The Kid & I (2005); and The Expendables with Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis (2010). THR reports, "He had been rumored to be appearing in Terminator Salvation as the original T-800 model, but those reports were untrue."

Andrew Oye's Verdict: I featured Schwarzenegger on this month's cover of MUSCLE INK Magazine to salute his IFBB Pro League and sports industry efforts like the Arnold Classic, but, as a screenwriter, now I think it was a sign...that he'll call me to submit a movie script to him. (Um, if you need me, I'll be waiting by the phone. LOL.)

Pro-Muscle Report Index

rippednmichigan 02-11-2011 08:07 PM

Thoughts?

IMO he WAS great. He was everything everyone wanted to be when they were a kid. BUT now, he's just a sell out hypocrite IMO. I think he should just stay retired from movies and be remembered as a great bad ass instead of trying to come back and look ridiculous. Now obviously this is my opinion and not everyone else's, so what do you think?

TBtaylor52 02-12-2011 12:42 AM

I think I want another Rocky movie to come out with him winning :mad:

BigFiveFive 02-12-2011 05:54 AM

Dude needs to bask in his fame, im drunk btw,

but i would like to have hald of the physique as arnold, i think he should throw in the towel o sitff ;ike tbhat. he needs to have his fame.

nighttrain 02-12-2011 07:36 AM

Arnny was the man in his day, im not sure he still has what it takes to hang with the action heros of today....

I loved him in everything he ever did, but i think his time has come and gone.

TitanCT 02-12-2011 08:12 AM

bitch needs lots of roids.

BendtheBar 02-12-2011 08:34 AM

I would watch anything he is in. Bring it on!

old school 02-12-2011 08:44 AM

Why can't he be old and be in films like other older actors?

I dont think he is the best technical actor (obviously) but no one else could of been the terminator really. No one can beat him on one liners either.

GET TO THE CHOPPA!!! LOL

BendtheBar 02-12-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old school (Post 115119)

GET TO THE CHOPPA!!! LOL

Haha. I will have that line in my head all day now...

I'll be saying it to my wife.

rippednmichigan 02-12-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 115150)
Haha. I will have that line in my head all day now...

I'll be saying it to my wife.

or "It's not a tuma!"