Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (
-   General Board (
-   -   Mr. Olympia, ifbb pro arnold schwarzenegger hunts for hollywood roles again! (

rippednmichigan 02-11-2011 08:04 PM

Mr. Olympia, ifbb pro arnold schwarzenegger hunts for hollywood roles again!
Posted in: Articles by ProSource, Gossip, Andrew Oye's Pro Muscle Report
By Andrew Oye | Feb 11, 2011

MR. OLYMPIA, image The Item: Legends Update, Entertainment Industry News

The Scoop: Just reported: Hollywood action movie star, 7-time Mr. Olympia and IFBB Pro Arnold Schwarzenegger is hungry for the shine of the silver screen after a long break from leading roles. Yesterday (February 10), Schwarzenegger posted online that he is ready for the big roles to roll in again.

According to The Hollywood Reporter: "Exciting news," [Schwarzenegger] wrote. "My friends at CAA have been asking me for 7 years when they can take offers seriously. Gave them the green light today."

The "So What?": After 7 years of service, the former California governor completed his back-to-back terms this year. With his political duties ending last month, Schwarzenegger likely has more time on his hands to explore acting options - that is, aside from planning his major fitness expo, the Arnold Sports Festival, in Columbus, OH (March 5).

Schwarzenegger had brief cameos or small parts in The Rundown with Dwayne " The Rock" Johnson (2003); a remake of Around the World in 80 Days with Jackie Chan (2004); The Kid & I (2005); and The Expendables with Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis (2010). THR reports, "He had been rumored to be appearing in Terminator Salvation as the original T-800 model, but those reports were untrue."

Andrew Oye's Verdict: I featured Schwarzenegger on this month's cover of MUSCLE INK Magazine to salute his IFBB Pro League and sports industry efforts like the Arnold Classic, but, as a screenwriter, now I think it was a sign...that he'll call me to submit a movie script to him. (Um, if you need me, I'll be waiting by the phone. LOL.)

Pro-Muscle Report Index

rippednmichigan 02-11-2011 08:07 PM

IMO he WAS great. He was everything everyone wanted to be when they were a kid. BUT now, he's just a sell out hypocrite IMO. I think he should just stay retired from movies and be remembered as a great bad ass instead of trying to come back and look ridiculous. Now obviously this is my opinion and not everyone else's, so what do you think?

TBtaylor52 02-12-2011 12:42 AM

I think I want another Rocky movie to come out with him winning :mad:

BigFiveFive 02-12-2011 05:54 AM

Dude needs to bask in his fame, im drunk btw,

but i would like to have hald of the physique as arnold, i think he should throw in the towel o sitff ;ike tbhat. he needs to have his fame.

nighttrain 02-12-2011 07:36 AM

Arnny was the man in his day, im not sure he still has what it takes to hang with the action heros of today....

I loved him in everything he ever did, but i think his time has come and gone.

TitanCT 02-12-2011 08:12 AM

bitch needs lots of roids.

BendtheBar 02-12-2011 08:34 AM

I would watch anything he is in. Bring it on!

old school 02-12-2011 08:44 AM

Why can't he be old and be in films like other older actors?

I dont think he is the best technical actor (obviously) but no one else could of been the terminator really. No one can beat him on one liners either.

BendtheBar 02-12-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by old school (Post 115119)

Haha. I will have that line in my head all day now...

I'll be saying it to my wife.

rippednmichigan 02-12-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 115150)
Haha. I will have that line in my head all day now...

I'll be saying it to my wife.

or "It's not a tuma!"