Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i would jsut like to point out that Larry Scott is one of my personal favorite Mr. O's of all time and the dude overcame a LOT to look like he did in his prime. including narrow shoulders and a smaller frame. there is a reason they call him "THE LEGEND"...the guy is quite simply THE MAN. arnold made the sport popular and he is awesome, but there are and were many greats that arent as well known. as for larry's arm workouts and all, i believe they are still very relevant and a lot of his ideas are still used to this day. not the least of which is - trisets for biceps and supersets for triceps generally work best.

Larry "The Legend" Scott, Mr O. 1965 & 1966
(for those who are unaware)

TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #12
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Every time I log on to this site I find some info on a pro I never heard of before.
Cheers for the info on Larry Scott T - was he natural his whole career? If so, that's an amazing achievement!! His arms and lower back are great features for a natural builder.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #13
Kyle Aaron
community gym PT
Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: milk
Kyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I simply do not believe the workouts in the 50's were inferior because they were "old", or labeled as being in some "pre-evolutionary" stage. These workouts were evolved. It's not like men started lifting all of a sudden in 1950 and developed full body workouts.
To reinforce that, I use routines of the 1950s with many of my clients, as I described here. The guy you're quoting claims people would get better results from more "modern" routines than those. To be honest I have not heard of people getting better results than that over a few months while still working full-time jobs and without drugs.

The basics work. The problem is that the basics are ****ing hard. Just doing a few compound exercises, and in every workout doing more weight, reps or sets than you did before - that's hard. I find it pretty daunting looking over my workout journal and realising that whatever I did last time I have to do more this time. I don't think I could do it without my training partner.

It would be much, much easier just to do bench, curl and crunches.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Every time I log on to this site I find some info on a pro I never heard of before.
Cheers for the info on Larry Scott T - was he natural his whole career? If so, that's an amazing achievement!! His arms and lower back are great features for a natural builder.
No, he was not natural. He did achieve some very good size as a natural. then within a fairly short time he really transformed his physique.

While I am really into the Classic natural aspects of BB, Scott and those of his era still have the type of physique I can appreciate. It was really in the early 80's when things really got out of control from my perspective.

BTB covered nearly everything I was wanting to say.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote