Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor
Default my girl is sick so its only a matter of time before i get it how to prepare?

My girl is sick and i am trying to prepare for it or try to avoid it. Drinking green tea, a lot of water, Double up on the multi vitamin..what else can i do? What can i do if i get sick to get over it faster and not lose to much muscle power?
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Whenever i get the feeling of a cold or flu on its way, i pop 1500-2000mg of vit C every hour, also extra B/E vitamins (whole spectrum of B's). Might sound like a lot eating 20 grams of C a day but it helps to avoid/recover faster. Antioxidants are good too,
Old 12-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
MMA Max
Max Brawn

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Old 12-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Word, i keep pounding green tea as of right now. I need to buy some v-c and the other you mentioned. What about while sick? How do i keep gains?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I just rest and eat, untill i feel better. And once again keeping up a great intake of vitamins and minerals. Then back at lifting asap ofcourse.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Thanks for all the advice
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

We use Zicam at the first sign of a cold and it seems to help:

Amazon.com: Zicam Cold Remedy Dissolving Tablets Citrus Flavors 45-Count: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Zicam Cold Remedy Dissolving Tablets Citrus Flavors 45-Count: Health & Personal Care

Most drug stores carry it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

This is a sure fire way to not catch what she has. I would have her go in, so your free to live your life, since she is the one that is a bio hazard.

Are you sure it's not the Zombie virus? It's going around you know.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
This is a sure fire way to not catch what she has. I would have her go in, so your free to live your life, since she is the one that is a bio hazard.

Are you sure it's not the Zombie virus? It's going around you know.

I love this movie!!! 500 DOLLA!!!!

Everyone in my house has recently been sick but me, I just upped my AA MFV, AI-Life Defender and Vit-C and I have been lucky enough to avoid being sick.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
B-Fit
Brawn
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 7 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Incline Presses
B-Fit is off to a bad start

Up the Vit C, like previously mentioned. Also I up BCAA's and glutamine as both improve immune system function. Ecinacea is said to help fight the chances of getting sick but not get rid of while you sick. One key is to drink a sick amount of water.
B-Fit is offline   Reply With Quote