Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor
Default what to put first cgbp or bhnpush press

My thursady is a btnpush press and cgbp but i totally have no idea what to work first. So i am asking advice?
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

If it was me. I would put push press first.

I have the opinion that direct delt work should take priority in the upper body scheme. With the press performed first, the triceps are nicely warmed up, and require few sets to finish them off to completion.

Your workset weights may be a little lower on the CGBP, but that is only an illusion if you think your not fully working them. Then hit a few dips, just because you can.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I would do the press first. Keep your triceps fresh and work the shoulders, then when done kill the triceps.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Word! That's what I thought..Just been awhile since I worked the BTNpush since leg damage and i couldnt put anything on my spine

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
PCT
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

Btnpush press is kind of a dangerous lift so you might not want to do it in a state of fatigue... I would take it all together lol... But you do them for mma purposes right?
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Pressing before triceps, push presses in particular since they activate your whole body in a sense and if triceps is fatigued that may lead to a weak link in the posterior chain movement, just my thoughts on the subject.