Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Strip searching a child is wrong. This has gone beyond idiotic. There are more cases of this popping up everyday. There was another story about a Women who had the TSA reach inside her underwear and feel her up.

The head of the TSA, John Pistole needs to be fired. He has let this go to his head. He has become the modern American equivelant of the Gestappo.

I would also like to see more information being released about these security threats. I work in the industry and I don't have any more of a clue about what the TSA is doing than the average person. They are there own boss.

John Pistole has said that we must give up some security, for liberty.

BS!!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Better still.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin quotes (American Statesman, Scientist, Philosopher, Printer, Writer and Inventor. 1706-1790)
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
There was another story about a Women who had the TSA reach inside her underwear and feel her up.
I saw her story on Fox News. Just revolting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

GL that is a great point, there is no real oversight over the TSA, who is watching them. Where is the proof that these steps are doing any good actually, they may be helping but I don't know. Strip searching a boy is just outrageous and a waste of time.

i heard a story at work the other day about the TSA made an elderly crippled lady get out of her wheel chair and they completely took it apart. It took them three hours to take it apart and then put it together. This women was almost 80 years old and could barely get out of the chair. They caused her undue pain and stress for nothing.

Something needs to be done, becasue the TSA is getting out of hand.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
i heard a story at work the other day about the TSA made an elderly crippled lady get out of her wheel chair and they completely took it apart. It took them three hours to take it apart and then put it together. This women was almost 80 years old and could barely get out of the chair. They caused her undue pain and stress for nothing.
That is just a sad story. On top of this, it utterly lacks common sense.

This is where a certain degree of minimal profiling makes sense. There are no terrorist cases that I know of involving 80 year old wheelchair bound women, and young boys.

For that matter, you can pretty much rule out soccer moms, blind midgets, etc. Not trying to sound silly...

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-22-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That is just a sad story. On top of this, it utterly lacks common sense.
I think that is the biggest problem here, there is no common sense being utilized by the security officers for the TSA. It is just ridiculous and stories are popping up everywhere and these searches are just out of line.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #16
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

news stations out here are reporting an increase in driving this holdiay season by 11% already, even though gas prices are up...
coincidence?
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
news stations out here are reporting an increase in driving this holdiay season by 11% already, even though gas prices are up...
coincidence?
I know I am not willing to fly right now. I'm no putting my family through this.

We are driving to Ohio, then to North Carolina and Florida.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

There is another way to look at this.

Feeling a little lonely and unloved?
Need a little one on one human contact?
Short on cash?

OPT OUT, and a get a free short time, for free!

Ya know, some people pay good money for this level of personel attention.

I say we make the TSA feel like the cheap whores they are. Opt out and have a good time at their expense. The more you piss them off the more they give you for free!!

You always hve to look for the silver lining in that storm cloud.

But Wait, there's more!!

Sue them in civil court!! Be the first on your block, today!
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I know I don't have all the answers, and I'm not against taking smart steps to curb terrorism, but strip searching a child is beyond the bounds of sanity.
One big problem we are faced with is the reality that Terrorist are not dumb people, just fanatical people.

When we stop searching children and old women, terrorists will start using children and old women to smuggle crap onto planes. As long as we rely on personal checks at airports, we will need to check babies to corpses.