Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast
Default Prevalence of Primadonnas in sports/Downfall of the NFL

BtB inspired me to get into more of the other parts of the board, so i will do just that.

Somethign has been bothering me significantly lately, and its pretty much going to be strictly NFL examples, since it is what im msot familiar with. But why has the game gotten to the point that great players are often overshadowed by their louder, "whinier" couterparts.

You have Brett Favre, overshadowing other players in the league with his shit, Randy Moss taking plays off, and they get away with it.

Then you have players like James Harrison, playing the game HARD and hitting hard, getting fined. if the NFL is trying to make it a safer, more marketable game, i would be hard presses to see not fining those who do what Moss does, what TO does and play half speed, half assed.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

This bothers me as well. Football, lifting, whatever. I appreciate guys busting their nuts and doing the work.

I just want to see the teams and the league take the sport back. No player should be bigger than the team or the league.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

This topic is one of the main reasons I really dislike most professional sports today. The attitude of the athletes really bothers me. It goes well beyond sports though. It's in all aspects of life. I really dislike when people get an over inflated ego about their importance and role.

What happened to being humble and just doing good work without having to constantly scream for attention?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

My thoughts may have came off as disjointed in my previous post, it was early and well, im food deprived haha.

Randy Moss' antics are the main reason i posted this. He has a "me first" attitude and its awful. He OBVIOUSLY takes plays off, i mean blatantly, but because he's Randy Moss. Then you have hard workig players like Patrick Willis, James Harrison, even Peyton Manning gets overshadowed by players like him. I don't know what it is about the NFL this year, but between Favre, Moss, The Cowboys, its like its become written to be another male soap opera akin to the WWE.

The level of play is going to drop off if you keep fining players for violent hits as well.

I respect any well coached, well moderated team. I hate the Patriots out of sheer jealousy but i appreciate how Belichick keeps his locker room in check. Its coaches like Childress, singletary, Wade Phillips who destroy this by letting their players run wild.

On a side note, i think Brett Favre leaving football will put the game 10 years ahead. Legitimately despise him and will root against any team playing them, despite Minn. talent.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
swoleramon
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

swoleramon is new to the forumswoleramon is new to the forum

I was really glad Moss didn't go to Cincy and be with T.O. and Ocho Cinco.

That would have been the idiot trifecta and the universe would have collapsed in upon itself.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Speaking of Cincy, those 2 guys get all of the publicity in the world and they pretty much suck. Their team is 2-5 and they have their own sports talk show, that is ridiculous.

The job of an athlete is to play their sport and be good at it, that is it. You get played to pay football so start doing it.