Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default 41 million on food stamps

41 million on food stamps

Food Stamp Recipients at Record 41.8 Million Americans in July, U.S. Says - Bloomberg

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

So where to analysts get the notion that the recession is over??? I actually caught that headline in the USA Today paper while in a hotel couple of weeks ago.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

41 million simply staggers me.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
41 million simply staggers me.
Between the number of people on welfare, unemployment, food stamps or employed by Federal, State and local government ...

I sure hope the 200 people left are making enough money to pay for it.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMedley View Post
Between the number of people on welfare, unemployment, food stamps or employed by Federal, State and local government ...

I sure hope the 200 people left are making enough money to pay for it.
Well, my wife and I are working on it. Unfortunately they are trying to drive us into welfare as well. We barely make $50k a year combined, but because we own a home and play by the book, our taxes keep going up to pay for all these slugs who expect someone to solve all their problems.

I surely didn't start with a silver spoon in my mouth. My mother slaved for 20 years in a laundry room, raising 3 children on a wage barely above minimum. We didn't even have a car growing up. My mother could have asked the government to solve her problems, but instead she worked hard at this job and managed to feed us, AND pay off a house.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
DMedley
Brawn

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Well, my wife and I are working on it. Unfortunately they are trying to drive us into welfare as well. We barely make $50k a year combined, but because we own a home and play by the book, our taxes keep going up to pay for all these slugs who expect someone to solve all their problems.

I surely didn't start with a silver spoon in my mouth. My mother slaved for 20 years in a laundry room, raising 3 children on a wage barely above minimum. We didn't even have a car growing up. My mother could have asked the government to solve her problems, but instead she worked hard at this job and managed to feed us, AND pay off a house.
This might reflect the biggest problem with growing older ... I can remember a time that American's said "Give me a hand up not a hand out" and now the accepted belief is "Give me a hand out and the hand".

I think a huge number of people are beginning to get the idea and realizing they can not live on credit card debt. They are cutting back and taking responsibility for their own lives. Now if the "powers that are" would get the idea as well.

Staying on the current road is going to lead to total destruction of everything we grew up believing. Talking to my Granddaughter a few weeks ago about this, the only thing I could tell her "When the calamity hits, I will be gone, but I sure feel sorry for you". That is sad!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

My wife and I try to stay focused on paying off our debt...controlling what we can. That's about our only hope.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
DMedley
Brawn

Quote:
My wife and I try to stay focused on paying off our debt...controlling what we can. That's about our only hope.
Same here! Those Credit Card purchases are a thing of the past ... paying them down slowly. Going back to 40's thinking ... if I can not afford it, I do not need it.