Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #331
PrimalBeard
Brawn
Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Capsaicin
PrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributor

I just watched Contagion. I was slightly disappointed, but overall it wasn't a bad film.

Movies with realistic outcomes tend to freak me out a bit (I think I'm the only person who was creeped out by The Rock), and the woman behind me coughing on us didn't help the situation.

All in all, an amusing afternoon but I kept hoping they'd throw in some alien, parasite, or zombie aspects.
PrimalBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #332
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Watched this with my mate today, just to relax and chill out:

Seen it before, but easily one of my favourite films, everything is just perfect. I'd argue that the theatrical versions of all three films are tighter experiences, but I certainly still enjoy the extended versions very much because of the extra scenes.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #333
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I especially like all the bonus materials that come with the LoTR's trology.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #334
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I especially like all the bonus materials that come with the LoTR's trology.
Yeah, totally agree. The length of them and volume of information is incredible. Looking forward to the Blu Ray extended trilogy.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #335
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Yes, I think I like the first one the best.

That scene where they are hiding from the black rider just off the road - that's electrifying. I remember when I saw it at the cinema, it blew me away.

I can't believe that it's ten years old.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #336
PrimalBeard
Brawn
Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18

Fav Supp: Capsaicin
PrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributor

The extended editions of the LoTR trilogy were amazing with all the extra content and scenes. Hours and hours, making the trilogy what... 15 hours total? Worth the extra time.

I'll throw this out there as a movie that is shockingly good. Not what I had expected, but one of the movies I like to recommend:

Moon

It's not a documentary or a science film as you'd first expect. It's a good movie.
PrimalBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #337
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalBeard View Post
I'll throw this out there as a movie that is shockingly good. Not what I had expected, but one of the movies I like to recommend:

Moon

It's not a documentary or a science film as you'd first expect. It's a good movie.
I watched that recently. I thought it was a cracking good film. Another low-budget wonder. It's got that whole Silent Running vibe to it.

I think it's encouraging that there are some independent film-makers doing work that can rival the big studios in production quality, but aren't subject to the 'maximise profit' mantra of the bean-counters.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #338
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I watched Bridesmaids last night. Although there were some good, very funny moments in it, it was a bit of a let down. There were too many long, unfunny bits, which IMO the story couldnt sustain.

Either be a laugh a minute Hangover esq film, or have a good story to sustain the unfunny bits. It just seemed to miss on both of these accounts.

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #339
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

How to lose friends and alienate people, so-so, not as great as I thought it was going to be.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #340
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26

Training Exp: 20+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

Jennifers Body Pure campy trash, lots of references that teenagers probably would think are funny/cool..Older adults not so much. (Not that they aren't funny or cool, just that the reference flies above your head).

Stars Meagan Fox (Transformers 1 & 2) and Amanda Seyfried (Mama Mia!).

Silly, Gross, Demonic Fun..Worth the $1 Red Box Rental.

Clip:

Amanda runs up to Meagan to warn her that the Band members only want her because they think she's a virgin:
Meagan "I'm not a virgin..I'm not even a backdoor virgin..that shit hurts..had to sit on a bag of frozen peas for a week!"

Ok, I thought it was a good one.

Last edited by Muscletrainerdh; 09-20-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote