Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #931
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Snitch

Minimally entertaining, spotty script and dialog, some very good acting and some very bad acting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #932
The_Big_Sleep
Epigenetically Gifted
Max Brawn
Points: 2,330, Level: 29 Points: 2,330, Level: 29 Points: 2,330, Level: 29
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
The_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machine

Side Effects--9/10: Amazing acting, great plot full of twists

Silver Linings Playbook--9/10: Quirky storyline that is buffered by an awesome cast. Not even into "rom coms" usually but this is well worth the watch
The_Big_Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #933
OHDL
Max Brawn
Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Man of steel - 8/10: Great acting & Great action.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #934
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

I watched The Searchers (1956) tonight. Directed by John Ford and starring John Wayne, it's rated by the American Film Institute as the greatest Western ever made, and consistently comes in their top ten of greatest films of all time.

I thought it was pretty good, but I'm not sure I can see what all the fuss is about. John Wayne gives a fine, nuanced performance, the landscapes are brilliantly shot, and it's an interesting study of obsession. But the film seemed to hurtle through the dramatic climaxes without giving them time to sink in, there was some clunky humour that didn't sit too well, and some of the cast were overacting like mad. It may have influenced everyone from Martin Scorcese to Steven Spielberg, but I can think of westerns I have enjoyed more.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #935
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Man of Steel.

Much better than I expected. Not a dialog heavy script but I still found that I cared about the characters.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #936
Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I thought it was pretty good, but I'm not sure I can see what all the fuss is about. John Wayne gives a fine, nuanced performance, the landscapes are brilliantly shot, and it's an interesting study of obsession. But the film seemed to hurtle through the dramatic climaxes without giving them time to sink in, there was some clunky humour that didn't sit too well, and some of the cast were overacting like mad. It may have influenced everyone from Martin Scorcese to Steven Spielberg, but I can think of westerns I have enjoyed more.
The searchers.

definitely one of my favorites. a study of obsession is a good way to put it.
i think the ethan edwards character is what makes it great.
i'm not sure about the overacting, but i know what you mean about the clunky humor. john ford. check out "the quiet man" if you want more of that humor. too much for me.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #937
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Saw Epic with my son. It wasn't "epic" but was enjoyable.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #938
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
God, it's been way too long since I've watched They Live

Finally saw Django Unchained last night. I know it's been out for a minute, but I'm always behind on movies. It was absolutely as amazing as I would expect from Terantino. From the music to the violence to the always amazing monologues he comes up with. Decaprio grabbed the screen and never let go, and Don Johnson's seen on the horses was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.
Really?
To each their own, I thought Django was easily Tarantino worst effort to date. Jamie Foxx was horrible in his role, though I do agree that DiCaprio was amazing as Calvin Candie.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #939
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I didn't like Django. I found myself thinking about other things during the flick. I stopped it twice, the second time thinking I was over half way done. When I realized I was only 40 minutes in I stopped watching.

It wasn't a bad movie, but I do think it needed some trimming.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #940
OHDL
Max Brawn
Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Loved Django personally

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote