Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #821
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I started watching "Trouble With The Curve" with Clint Eastwood and John Goodman.

What a waste of talent. Really flat script.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #822
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #823
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

I went to see The Hobbit on Thursday. Pretty good. The landscapes and sets had a suitably epic sweep, the script was intelligent and treated the book with due respect and Jackson did a fine job of balancing up all the principals.

My only reservation is that much of had to set up plot elements for films two and three. Inevitable I suppose, but detrimental to it as a film.

Just finished watching Taken 2. I thought the first Taken was dreadful, really dreadful. Xenophobic, brutal, dumb, exploitative...did I mention dumb? But at least it had a certain energy to it. Taken 2 doesn't even have this one virtue. Plus, the plot is even more preposterous than the first. Still what you expect from a director that has changed his surname to 'Megaton'?

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #824
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Finally got around to watching The Artist. What a great film. The way the actors stood, even the way they walked was a pitch-perfect recreation of the silent era.

The French, eh? They know how to make a film. Except for Megaton Whatsisface - see above.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #825
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Dredd was much better than expected. I went in expecting completely trash, but it was entertaining.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #826
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Just finished watching Taken 2. I thought the first Taken was dreadful, really dreadful. Xenophobic, brutal, dumb, exploitative...did I mention dumb? But at least it had a certain energy to it. Taken 2 doesn't even have this one virtue. Plus, the plot is even more preposterous than the first. Still what you expect from a director that has changed his surname to 'Megaton'?

I enjoyed it, entertaining. Im not looking for realism. As far a Xenophobic, many places on the globe arent very American friendly, soooooo..... And I enjoy brutality, guilty pleasure.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #827
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post

I enjoyed it, entertaining. Im not looking for realism. As far a Xenophobic, many places on the globe arent very American friendly, soooooo..... And I enjoy brutality, guilty pleasure.
Gaspers, without the quote marks round my comment, it just looks like you're arguing with yourself

Yeah, well I'm not looking for realism either necessarily, but there's got to be some kind of internal logic to it. Hell, The Hobbit is more realistic than Taken 2

Regarding the xenophobia - I think the first film especially kind of plays on an unattractive paranoia about Johnny Foreigner and foreign countries. When Neeson discovers his daughter is going to Paris, it's like she's announced she's off to Bagdad. And the thing is, in the Taken universe, he's right, because no sooner is she there than she's kidnapped for the sex trade.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #828
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I have been know to argue with myself at times...lol Its just when the fist start flying it gets ugly....damn mirrors.

And I do respect others opinions, its just that my reality sucks. When I watch a movie I want to escape that reality. Im not self loathing, my life is good by all means. It is that I am limited on things that I can do legally and that is probably that draws me to movies with gratuitous violence against the "bad guys". Make sense?

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #829
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
It is that I am limited on things that I can do legally and that is probably that draws me to movies with gratuitous violence against the "bad guys". Make sense?
Absolutely - and if I had your job, I'm sure I would feel exactly the same.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #830
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

The Last Stand - Very entertaining. Overall exceeded expectations. Lots of bullets, drama and laughs.