Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #651
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
WHAT! never saw Alien? What kind of,.....

Sorry, forgot that you are a women. There's nothihng wrong with that, some of my best friends are women. Hell, I even sleep with a women several nights a week.

It's just that, alot of women do not get into scifi alien movies. It's a guy thing.
Gotta admit, Sigorney Weaver in her tighty whities was pretty hot.

Really? She seems a bit skinny for your taste?

Oh -- and you forget. I'm the police officer, motorcycle riding, tattoo having, football loving, powerlifting type female. Im more of a man than my signifigant other.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #652
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I called it Alien 2. I fail at Greatest Sci Fi Movies 101.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #653
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Really? She seems a bit skinny for your taste?

Oh -- and you forget. I'm the police officer, motorcycle riding, tattoo having, football loving, powerlifting type female. Im more of a man than my signifigant other.
Actually she is to skinny for my current taste, but I remember the firt time I saw the movie and what I thought of her.

I did not forget about who you are, I'm just poking you with a stick.

Wanna wrestle?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #654
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Noomi Rapace is better.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #655
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Milla is my Sci Fi Queen!

Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #656
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Milla was one of my favorites when she burst onto the scene in Fifth Element.

Sadly, she hasn't "aged"(in terms of my opinion) gracefully. Don't get me wrong, she is extremely attractive, but, she needs to gain weight.

I'll always compare any female to my all time #1 since i discovered her in Irreversible and The Brotherhood of the Wolf and sorry Milla, you don't live up.

*she can be considered Sci-Fi, kinda, since she was in Matrix 2 and 3*
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #657
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

and if you all havent seen Drive

Do so, immediately.

Unbelievable flick in the vein of The Man with no Name type of movies. I don't think Gosling speaks more than 75 words in the entire movie and deftly moves between being a caring, sympathetic hero, to flashes of pure, violent psychosis.

also, do NOT NOT NOT watch Immortals

aside from side 300 rip off slow motion fighting, nothing memorable or worthwhile about that movie. well, Frieda Pinto is so hot it should be illegal.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #658
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
and if you all havent seen Drive

Do so, immediately.

Unbelievable flick in the vein of The Man with no Name type of movies. I don't think Gosling speaks more than 75 words in the entire movie and deftly moves between being a caring, sympathetic hero, to flashes of pure, violent psychosis.

Thanks for the head's up. Netflix just added it for free on demand.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #659
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks for the head's up. Netflix just added it for free on demand.
There are some great names in there along with Gosling, but his performance is a tour de force and everyone else just seems like they are there for window dressing.

There is an exchange between Bryan Cranston and Albert Brooks though that is my favorite scene in the movie.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #660
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
There are some great names in there along with Gosling, but his performance is a tour de force and everyone else just seems like they are there for window dressing.

There is an exchange between Bryan Cranston and Albert Brooks though that is my favorite scene in the movie.
Didn't know Cranston was in the flick. In for sure.