Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #541
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
War Horse, excellent film, followed the path of the horse from foal through to reunion with the boy that raised it; a moving film. Worth seeing.
I didn't know what to make of that film. You pushed me to give it a go.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #542
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Any good scifi series or movies to reccomen?
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #543
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Any good scifi series or movies to reccomen?
Good question. I need some new ones myself. About to watch a few borderline sci-fi so I will let you know.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #544
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Thanks Steve, Looking forward to your report!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #545
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

I saw Safe House a couple weeks ago. Movie was good, but had a bunch of no way parts and the storyline was iffy. Denzel made it good imo.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #546
wesrman
Max Brawn

wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Also watched the Simpsons movie which was good.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #547
wesrman
Max Brawn

Started watching Man On Fire last night. Will finish it today.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #548
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

The Vow, I had the cinema to myself today But, anyway, the film, very good; not an action packed film, neither did it have any special effects or overly fantastic script and so forth...but, it was based on truth; I sat there wondering whether she would regain the memories she lost...but, I'm not going to ruin it one way or the other by divulging the ending. At the end they gave an update on the couple that the story was based on.

Overall, a very thought provoking film...how would any of us feel if we awoke from a coma only to not recognise the people close to us and to have lost years of memories and how in turn would we feel if we were the people that were unrecognisable to the person coming out of a coma?

Good family film.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #549
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

The Hunger Games.

Had the pieces of The Running Man and the Truman Show that I expected.

Class issues were a bit over the top. Ruling class was made to look like I joke, which to me, helped this movie to really miss making a poignant commentary on present society (like the Truman Show and Running Man did).

First part was slow, but the story moved effectively. I'm not sure it needed to be 2 hours and 22 minutes. Teen girls and boys will love it, for sure.

B-
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #550
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Watched "Hunger Games" last night with the Family.

They all raved about it, and had already watched it before I went to see it with them.

It's not a bad movie, and I did not get bored watching it, but it was a bit soft condering the storyline. I'm not the target audience for this movie, so I guess it is understandable why I would find it soft. It's ntended for a young crowd. Still, people hunting people, and killing each other is not a subject to be viewed thorugh a filtered lens of entertainment.

There was a chance to make a great movie, but instead they have only done what Hollywood has been doing for awhile now. Like MC said, they remade Running man, and a few other shows for a new generation.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote