Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #521
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

The Darkest Hour, good film; aliens invade, can't be seen with the naked eye, the few people that are left triumph, basically.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #522
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The Darkest Hour, good film; aliens invade, can't be seen with the naked eye, the few people that are left triumph, basically.
Sounds right up my alley. I will check it out.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #523
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Aliens...that one word and I am in.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #524
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

Dinner for Schmucks--Comedy with Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, and Zach Galifianakis. A bunch of execs have a dinner where they each invite the biggest loser they can find. It should be very funny. It isn't.One of the worst movies of all time. Do not waste your time.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #525
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Chronicle. Really enjoyed this film.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #526
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

The Iron Lady.... I love Meryl Streep. Seriously, I had a hard time beleiving it *WASN'T* Maggie Thatcher on the screen but Streep in a role. But I'm American and have never met Maggie Thatcher so, maybe those across the pond will think differently.

The movie in and of itself was pretty emotional as it shows an aging Maggie dealing with the signs of Alzheimer's and losing her place in the world. If you have aging parents, or friends and relatives that suffer from this disease, you *WILL* tear up. Her Portrayal of the symptoms is sadly amazing.

That being said, is an Oscar in the cards for Streep in this role. As much as I would like to say "YES" I saw this role as an extension of her portrayal of Julia Child in 2010's "Julie and Julia" (also a decent film).

Not sure how much of the history part of her time in power was glamorized by Hollywood and how much was spot on. And that part may seem boring to younger audiences or those who saw it from a different point of view as the events unfolded.

But I did enjoy the film.

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #527
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletrainerdh View Post
The Iron Lady.... I love Meryl Streep. Seriously, I had a hard time beleiving it *WASN'T* Maggie Thatcher on the screen but Streep in a role. But I'm American and have never met Maggie Thatcher so, maybe those across the pond will think differently.

The movie in and of itself was pretty emotional as it shows an aging Maggie dealing with the signs of Alzheimer's and losing her place in the world. If you have aging parents, or friends and relatives that suffer from this disease, you *WILL* tear up. Her Portrayal of the symptoms is sadly amazing.

That being said, is an Oscar in the cards for Streep in this role. As much as I would like to say "YES" I saw this role as an extension of her portrayal of Julia Child in 2010's "Julie and Julia" (also a decent film).

Not sure how much of the history part of her time in power was glamorized by Hollywood and how much was spot on. And that part may seem boring to younger audiences or those who saw it from a different point of view as the events unfolded.

But I did enjoy the film.
We saw that and thought it was really good as well; the historical facts were pretty much bang on.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #528
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

The Thing, watched this earlier and that it was good. Some seem to be under the misapprehension that it's a remake of the original but in fact it's a prequel to the original; a fact which only becomes apparent in the last few minutes of the film during the credits, because the scenes shown then are the opening scenes to the original version of The Thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #529
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletrainerdh View Post
I like how you say this implying that since we're British we'll obviously have met her!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #530
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Chronicle. Really enjoyed this film.
Must see then.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote