Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #481
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I watched The Rite today, a sort of toned-down Exorcist. It got panned by the critics for slow pace, lack of terror and a diffident performance from the lead actor, whose name I forget. But I liked it. The thing I look for in a film above anything else is a sharp, intelligent script, and I think this had it. And I love Anthony Hopkins.
I enjoyed it as well. I wish Hopkins would make more films. There are few actors I enjoy as much as him.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #482
Chameleon
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I enjoyed it as well. I wish Hopkins would make more films. There are few actors I enjoy as much as him.
Yes he really is an all round actor. He can be seen in so many different roles. I think my favourite of his other than the Silence Of The Lambs was Meet Joe Black. Or there was a recent film of his where he portrayed someone with Bipolar Disorder. I can't remember what it was called, but it was good.
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #483
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Not sure about this. This could be huge, or really, really fail hard.

Battleship trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #484
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26

Training Exp: 20+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

I saw 3 Movies over the Break:

1) Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked... took my 4 year old nephew and 6 year old Niece. It was enjoyable, the songs were contemporary pop hits which is probably what held my interest. (Not child limericks or anything) and the story was a mild take off of Castaway...

2) The Help - I think those that dismiss this film as a "Chick Flick" really do it a disservice. Whether or not the actual story happened is moot, the fact that these women, The Help, were so badly treated by their white owners was abysmal. Especially since they were the ones raising the white people's children, and keep their houses in order. I'm so glad I was born after most of the racial tension and silliness towards african americans had passed. Really am glad the world, for the most part, is not like this anymore. It really is a good movie and everyone should see it.

3) The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - I didn't read the book, it was a *VERY* interesting story and for once I didn't guess the ending halfway through the film...Although I suspected something similar... There was a *VERY* obvious reason that a no-name was chosen for the title character.. And I'm glad, as It would have been very difficult for the character to be believable if it were a gothed-out Jennifer Anniston, Gwynnth Paltrow, or arrr who's that whore in all the movies these days...Scarlett Johansen, yeah her. LOL There was a violent rape scene, which fit the movie but a gratuitous sex scene that did not... Check it out if you haven't already!

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #485
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

We Bought A Zoo. Excellent. One of the best films I've seen in 2011. Great fro the entire family.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #486
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Warrior was probably my favorite movie of 2011.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #487
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Real Steel Great movie!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #488
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Swedish, original version of, "The Girl With The Dragoon Tatoo". Excellant movie. Not sure why Hollywood needed to make another copy of this, I enjoyed it, even with subtitles.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #489
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Not sure about this. This could be huge, or really, really fail hard.

Battleship trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies
I doubt it.

Watching the Warrior tomorrow with a buddy, looking forward to it. Saw Cowboys and Aliens the other day. Went in with veeeery low expectations so I was surprised when I thought it was alright. Nothing amazing and it's kinda forgettable, but a semi-enjoyable romp.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #490
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Rum Diary, seriously not a great film, not even that funny, one or two giggles but nothing noteworthy. If Depp continues to star in films of that nature, he may just disappear from the acting world altogether; though, some may like the film but definitely not on my top 10 or 100 film list.