Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #411
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I agree. It was not my favorite film. The first half was decent for me, but the second half lost a lot of the flavor and personality of the movie and became just another action sequence.
Exactly. The first half wrote a check that wasn't cashed by the second half. Maybe it'll get cashed in Avengers, but I don't think so. They just needed a film to introduce him, and the lack of effort is obvious.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #412
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Exactly. The first half wrote a check that wasn't cashed by the second half. Maybe it'll get cashed in Avengers, but I don't think so. They just needed a film to introduce him, and the lack of effort is obvious.
I hope all the characters can carry weight in the Avengers, but I suspect Downey might be so strong that when he's not on camera the story goes flat. We shall see.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #413
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

I watched Cool Hand Luke this weekend. Still one of the coolest movies ever made. Newman had one of his best performances, but I think George Kennedy (Dragline) turned a good movie into a great one.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #414
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _J_ View Post
I watched Cool Hand Luke this weekend. Still one of the coolest movies ever made. Newman had one of his best performances, but I think George Kennedy (Dragline) turned a good movie into a great one.
Excellent movie.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #415
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Thats awesome...
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #416
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Drive, no decent dialogue, what there was of it; cruddy music scores; very little, almost negligible driving scenes...the trailer was much better than the film and made the film out to have decent amounts of high speed driving in it, which it didn't.

If you like driving, action, avoid this film at all costs...it they were giving it away as a special, I'd throw it in the bin.

1/10 seriously.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #417
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Drive, no decent dialogue, what there was of it; cruddy music scores; very little, almost negligible driving scenes...the trailer was much better than the film and made the film out to have decent amounts of high speed driving in it, which it didn't.

If you like driving, action, avoid this film at all costs...it they were giving it away as a special, I'd throw it in the bin.

1/10 seriously.

Sorry, but Drive has been one of my favourite films of the year, soooo good.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #418
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post

Sorry, but Drive has been one of my favourite films of the year, soooo good.
Well, we all have different tastes but that's my honest thoughts on the film...it was dull.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #419
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Well, we all have different tastes but that's my honest thoughts on the film...it was dull.
Haha, fair enough.

Been meaning to watch Stakeland. Looks like an intelligent approach to the over-done vampire film. Been trying to collate my top 5 movies of the year and I've been struggling. Last year was easy.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #420
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Haha, fair enough.

Been meaning to watch Stakeland. Looks like an intelligent approach to the over-done vampire film. Been trying to collate my top 5 movies of the year and I've been struggling. Last year was easy.
I just found this which is funny:

"a woman is suing the distributor of Drive because she claims the film had 'very little driving'"

Woman sues to stop Drive getting away with a 'misleading' trailer | Film | guardian.co.uk

I have to agree with her but to file a lawsuit is a bit over the top.

Hubby says Stakeland is an excellent film.