Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Well in that case I'm all in!!

I swear I should start writing screenplays. I could not do any worse than what is being written and produced lately.
Exactly. All we would need to do is make a wheel-o-wonder for plot twists, monsters, etc., and spin a script.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Watched this week:

American Psycho
The Joneses
Monsters

Each were good. Monsters was better than expected, and American Psyho...well...just delivers.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #33
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Watched Jonah Hex yesterday, and now im watching Red.

Jonah hex was good, fell asleep two times during but still enjoyed it lol
Old 11-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #34
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Coming soon.

Last edited by glwanabe; 11-07-2010 at 08:18 AM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #35
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Coming soon indeed.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #36
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

BtB, i am shocked and almost appalled you havent seen American Psycho before. Patrick Bateman is the definition of a great movie character, haha.

If you don't mind, i would like to hear some non spoilerish details on Monsters. Very curious to see it, as it looks in the vein of cloverfield/diary of the dead in how its shot.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
BtB, i am shocked and almost appalled you havent seen American Psycho before. Patrick Bateman is the definition of a great movie character, haha.

If you don't mind, i would like to hear some non spoilerish details on Monsters. Very curious to see it, as it looks in the vein of cloverfield/diary of the dead in how its shot.
I am surprised I missed American Psycho. I watch so many movies. i would like to read the book next.

Monsters has a love theme, but despite some of the reviews, is not a pure love story. The main characters aren't all spit and polished, Harvard graduate scientists, etc., like in so many movies. They stink and sweat and drink too much at times.

I thought the acting was very good. It's not a hand held camera movie like Cloverfield, which I liked. I hated the fact that Cloverfield was shaky.

I would definitely say it's worth a watch. I was entertained.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Started watching "Thaw" last night. Not the greatest, but I might finish it.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #39
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Two days till skyline opens, and there are no reviews from prescreenings. I hope thats not a sign that the studio thinks it a steaming pile of digested protein.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

All I hope is that it meets expectations. I want 2 hours of mindless fun.