Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #351
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

I watched Warrior over the weekend. Good storyline and good film overall. Will seriously consider picking it up on Blu-Ray when it comes out.
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #352
PrimalBeard
Brawn
Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Capsaicin
PrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributorPrimalBeard is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
I watched Warrior over the weekend. Good storyline and good film overall. Will seriously consider picking it up on Blu-Ray when it comes out.
Is that the one where an urban warrior just beats the crap out of people for an hour?

(I know IMDB is our friends but if I ignore IMDB for a second I get to ask that)
PrimalBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #353
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Final Destination 5, hahaha, okay, this film really was hilarious, more a comedy horror, IMO. At every turn there was lightheartedness to take the edge off the deaths. Though people were covering their eyes and such, during the showing, they rolled in laughter at the comedic parts.

Meek's Cuttoff, a Fringe film, quite frankly boring, extremely slow and with a non-ending which left all the viewers wondering whether or not the Indian took them to water or to an ambush; we reckon, it was water.

Crank 2, utter rubbish.

The Tournament, good film with lots of fighting and a storyline.

Attack the Block, apart from the modern language very good film.

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 09-24-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: missed the number 5 off the film title
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #354
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

^ Was that the first Final Destination? I have been curious about the series but haven't tried it yet.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #355
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
^ Was that the first Final Destination? I have been curious about the series but haven't tried it yet.
Oops, Final Destination 5, the last one in the series of films because it came full circle in such a way that any more would destroy the entire concept of the story.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #356
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The first is a pretty good and unique little horror film. After that? It basically just tries to out-gore Saw.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #357
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
The first is a pretty good and unique little horror film. After that? It basically just tries to out-gore Saw.
I only watched the first saw. After that I think, from what I have seen in bits and of trailers, it just kind of lost the concept and just became a 'how gory can we be to kill someone' rather than concentrating on the concept behind the original which was actually quite intriguing...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #358
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Watched Bridesmaids last night and it was one of the worst movies I have seem this year. Poor pacing, I didn't like the main character, and the humor was carried by Melissa McCarthy.

After the first half an hour the movie turned into a poor me drama for 75 minutes and wasn't about a wedding at all.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #359
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Officially addicted to the TV show Breaking Bad.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #360
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Note: spoilers for the LOTR films below.

Watched all three LOTR extended editions this past week with my buddy. Such amazing films. "My friends, you bow to no one," is probably my favourite line throughout the entire trilogy, that moment is incredible. No idea which one is my favourite though, possibly the first as Two Towers has the problem of being the middle film, and is fairly transitional between travel and fighting, travel and fighting, up until the final third or so, for which the incredible build up of tension and fear going into Helm's Deep is possibly the best part of the trilogy. I adore Return Of The King, however, the huge battle doesn't quite live up to expectations and the magic win button (the ghost army) that Aragorn has is a little deus ex machina.