Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #251
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I watched Black Swan last night and was pretty bored to begin with but have to say I'm glad I stuck it out to the end...an ironic ending really.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #252
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I watched Black Swan last night and was pretty bored to begin with but have to say I'm glad I stuck it out to the end...an ironic ending really.
Maybe I need to go back and watch the second half?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #253
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Maybe I need to go back and watch the second half?
I think the problem with the film is that it doesn't gel fully until literally her last act in the performance which is right at the end of the film; you have the director of the company trying to get it on with her which ties up with the ending, then there's the sublety of the meaning behind Swan Lake itself, which also ties up in her final act, and the fact as to who she killed...etc...but I won't spoil the ending by telling you what does occur.

Doesn't mean to say that you'll like it any better, but at least i won't have given the ending away before you see it.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #254
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

While I haven't seen Black Swan, what i know of the director, Darren Aronofsky, is that his movies are extremely slow, Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, but if you stick through it at the slow points, you are rewarded with a unique movie experience. I can't say any of his movies are my favorites, but i am extremely glad i watched all of them
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #255
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I didn't realize he filmed Pi.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #256
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Saw Captain America. First half was excellent. Second half was sub-par for me. They moved away from a lot of the characters and engaged in a lot of blech action for me.

Didn't like Cap's mask, nor the Red Skull's face.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-31-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 AM   #257
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Watched Blitz last night and it was all right, I need a good scifi flick now, its been a while. Any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #258
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Watched Blitz last night and it was all right, I need a good scifi flick now, its been a while. Any suggestions?
I wish I had some Swede. I am in a Scifi rut.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #259
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Saw Captain America. First half was excellent. Second half was sub-par for me. They moved away from a lot of the characters and engaged in a lot of blech action for me.

Didn't like Cap's mark, nor the Red Skull's face.
I took my two boys to watch it and they loved it.

Me i thought they could have done better. The fight scenes were a little slow even though there was plenty of them and a lot of times i thought the witty comments were just cheesy. Overall i thought it was good not great.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #260
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i thought the witty comments were just cheesy.
I felt some things to be forced too. Like the kiss at the end.