Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Ground Zero Mosque

Thoughts on the Ground Zero Mosque thing?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i understand the protests and all...BUT.

1. leave those people alone. we are only feeding into the extremist and giving them more footage to use for propaganda about how much we hate them.

2. the mosque is planned for 2 blocks away, there is already one 4 blocks away...so 2 blocks is insensivite, but 4 blocks = fine? what?

3. this country was, at least, in part founded for religious freedom.

4. pearl harbor, japenese concentraion camps...need i say more? do we EVER learn from our own mistakes?
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm all for freedom of religion, but I also believe that a religion needs to show some compassion and use tact.

This goes for any religion, Muslim, Christian, whatever.

I don't believe that you build a mosque/church/whatever next to a location where members of your religion - even if it was a radical sect - caused harm. It's insensitive.

Yes, we have freedom in this country. But just because you are free to take an action doesn't mean it will be respected, nor does it mean that it's the right thing to do.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-13-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

I agree with Titan, the religion isn't what people should be looking at, it was that extremist group.

I was there this pass weekend and I have to say it was really touching, never been to ground zero but seeing it and hearing some of the stories was pretty intense.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

This can be a divisive topic, and though we may disagree on some things, I respect everyone's opinion. It's a complex topic, with many layers to it, and I reserve the right to change my opinion.

I'm not sure what the local mood is in NY over this issue.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This can be a divisive topic, and though we may disagree on some things, I respect everyone's opinion. It's a complex topic, with many layers to it, and I reserve the right to change my opinion.

I'm not sure what the local mood is in NY over this issue.
the locals are jsut as scattered as the rest of the country. its sad that the media is jsut after their buck and all this crap is feeding their monster more than anything.

some of military friends are like "i dont see the problem, we build churches on their street corners all the time..." etc.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I am all for letting the locals deal with it. It's their street corner, and only they understand the dynamics.

The media - well, once they grab a piece of meat they just won't let go. They seem to be more interested in creating a story than reporting the news.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Btw, I think we all know how the media can skew things. It never ceases to amaze me how little research media members actually do. I will see local stories, or stories on CNN/Fox that talk about topics I know well, and they never seem to know 10% of the public knowledge floating around on the Internet.

Especially in the bodybuilding - supplement - nutrition realm....

Old 09-13-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

Quote:
I am all for letting the locals deal with it. It's their street corner, and only they understand the dynamics.

The media - well, once they grab a piece of meat they just won't let go. They seem to be more interested in creating a story than reporting the news.
i worked at the local fox network affiliate in hartford for a while doing crew work for the nightly news. everyone knows the news is spun and is entertainment, but until you see the producers do their thing first hand, you jsut have NO idea what they are really doing to get more viewers. its disgusting.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

Quote:
Btw, I think we all know how the media can skew things. It never ceases to amaze me how little research media members actually do. I will see local stories, or stories on CNN/Fox that talk about topics I know well, and they never seem to know 10% of the public knowledge floating around on the Internet.

Especially in the bodybuilding - supplement - nutrition realm....
the local ABC news was talking about the state run Vet home once and they showed a pic of the VA hospital for the above shoulder icon for the story.

one is STATE and one is FEDERAL and none are even in the same towns. my mom called and said, yyou guys should research better...and they had to make a retraction during their news cast.