Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
highkick09
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor
Default Strength and conditioning workout? Mike Saffie

Like? dislike?

Old 09-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looks decent. The only thing I found odd from the video was him benching 315 and rowing 135. And when he was doing cable pulley rows it only looked like he was pulling 50 pounds.

Not trying to put the guy down, but just don't understand why he wasn't more "row focused."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
highkick09
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looks decent. The only thing I found odd from the video was him benching 315 and rowing 135. And when he was doing cable pulley rows it only looked like he was pulling 50 pounds.

Not trying to put the guy down, but just don't understand why he wasn't more "row focused."
noticed that as well
Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Carlito Gambino
Napalm Fueled Madman

Carlito Gambino is off to a bad start

Yeah I was trying to figure that out as well, looks like his pushing strength is much stronger than his pulling is. Reminds of the typical gym rat that neglects rows and chins in favor of benching and pressing.
Carlito Gambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

HighKick I thought you would know this.

This guy from the video is a fighter. Looks like Bjj is his game. Coming from a fighting background myself and still in it, The goal is not to blow out your back rowing heavy weight but to condition it for muscle endurance..In Grappling/BJJ you work out back out almmost everyday when you are rolling, Sparing and pushing someone off you..The weights for some, not all is a conditioning tool..

Some MMa fighters/Fighters make it a Piority to smash the back. Like myself but my game is not to spend my time on my back durring a fight..It's to use my forse to keep someone down and smash their head in..BJJ is different it does not focus on str, it's focus is technical and wearing a person down

Working on Pushing weight makes sence. If you are a bjj fighters you want to have good strong explosive power in pushing to get someone off if you are on your back.

For what he is doing ( Pull Ups, Rows and whatever) that's typical Bjj training stuff..But I can place money on the fact that if he is a legit fighter, His back from all the grappling is probably stronger then a lot of our backs.. That's if he trains for fights

I smash my back because of the style I use..But, When I get on my back, My back does not have a lot of the muscle endurance..Why, cause I spend to much time crushing weight with it..But, I need the str to scoop and slam people..Bjj guys dot do that..They hold on a drag you down with dead weight.

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Not my kinda workouts, but on the other hand that guy is a fighter and iam a weightlifter. Our games are different.