Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Strength and conditioning workout? Mike Saffie (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4219)

highkick09 09-10-2010 04:02 PM

Strength and conditioning workout? Mike Saffie

Like? dislike?

BendtheBar 09-10-2010 04:08 PM

Looks decent. The only thing I found odd from the video was him benching 315 and rowing 135. And when he was doing cable pulley rows it only looked like he was pulling 50 pounds.

Not trying to put the guy down, but just don't understand why he wasn't more "row focused."

highkick09 09-10-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 80980)
Looks decent. The only thing I found odd from the video was him benching 315 and rowing 135. And when he was doing cable pulley rows it only looked like he was pulling 50 pounds.

Not trying to put the guy down, but just don't understand why he wasn't more "row focused."

noticed that as well

Carlito Gambino 09-11-2010 04:10 AM

Yeah I was trying to figure that out as well, looks like his pushing strength is much stronger than his pulling is. Reminds of the typical gym rat that neglects rows and chins in favor of benching and pressing.

MMA Max 09-13-2010 01:46 PM

HighKick I thought you would know this.

This guy from the video is a fighter. Looks like Bjj is his game. Coming from a fighting background myself and still in it, The goal is not to blow out your back rowing heavy weight but to condition it for muscle endurance..In Grappling/BJJ you work out back out almmost everyday when you are rolling, Sparing and pushing someone off you..The weights for some, not all is a conditioning tool..

Some MMa fighters/Fighters make it a Piority to smash the back. Like myself but my game is not to spend my time on my back durring a fight..It's to use my forse to keep someone down and smash their head in..BJJ is different it does not focus on str, it's focus is technical and wearing a person down

Working on Pushing weight makes sence. If you are a bjj fighters you want to have good strong explosive power in pushing to get someone off if you are on your back.

For what he is doing ( Pull Ups, Rows and whatever) that's typical Bjj training stuff..But I can place money on the fact that if he is a legit fighter, His back from all the grappling is probably stronger then a lot of our backs.. That's if he trains for fights

I smash my back because of the style I use..But, When I get on my back, My back does not have a lot of the muscle endurance..Why, cause I spend to much time crushing weight with it..But, I need the str to scoop and slam people..Bjj guys dot do that..They hold on a drag you down with dead weight.

big_swede 09-13-2010 03:10 PM

Not my kinda workouts, but on the other hand that guy is a fighter and iam a weightlifter. Our games are different.