Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast
Default Jwood is Switching Gyms

Alright guys, it is finally time for me to switch to a much more hardcore gym. I have been training at my local Ymca for a long time but since I am no longer a student it is no longer cheap to train there. The membership costs so much because they have a nice pool and locker room, but I could really give a **** about that stuff.

Anyways I am switching to a small gym in Trenton, NJ called Man's World Gym. This place is awesome, it is hardcore no a/c and no bs!! Here is a review I found from another website:

Quote:
I have known the guy a long time and can't say enough good about him or his dedication to his gym. STILL in great shape!

Atmosphere you ask? O yeah, lots of that. More flea market purchased mis-matched pieces you could shake a stick at (including some down right disturbing antiques from circus side shows and fun houses scattered throughout the gym). Nice and dark and the whole place; you can just tell and see is worn-down by the most hardcore hands and feet.

The members? The most driven and home to many greats, like Phil Hill who I had a chance to meet several times in-person. Yup, BEAST.
And here some more about the owner and operator:
Dodd, Joe

This place looks awesome to me and it is pay as you go so there is no join fee. Huge bonus for me and it is possibly cheaper than the YMCA. The only difference is a couple more miles in the car, but it should be worth it.

I will update this thread when I begin to train there. Should be tomorrow.