Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Jwood is Switching Gyms (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4153)

jwood 09-01-2010 03:06 PM

Jwood is Switching Gyms

Alright guys, it is finally time for me to switch to a much more hardcore gym. I have been training at my local Ymca for a long time but since I am no longer a student it is no longer cheap to train there. The membership costs so much because they have a nice pool and locker room, but I could really give a **** about that stuff.

Anyways I am switching to a small gym in Trenton, NJ called Man's World Gym. This place is awesome, it is hardcore no a/c and no bs!! Here is a review I found from another website:

Quote:

I have known the guy a long time and can't say enough good about him or his dedication to his gym. STILL in great shape!

Atmosphere you ask? O yeah, lots of that. More flea market purchased mis-matched pieces you could shake a stick at (including some down right disturbing antiques from circus side shows and fun houses scattered throughout the gym). Nice and dark and the whole place; you can just tell and see is worn-down by the most hardcore hands and feet.

The members? The most driven and home to many greats, like Phil Hill who I had a chance to meet several times in-person. Yup, BEAST.
And here some more about the owner and operator:
Dodd, Joe

This place looks awesome to me and it is pay as you go so there is no join fee. Huge bonus for me and it is possibly cheaper than the YMCA. The only difference is a couple more miles in the car, but it should be worth it.

I will update this thread when I begin to train there. Should be tomorrow.

strkout35 09-01-2010 03:22 PM

sounds awesome Jeremy. i'm jealous. but i thought you were in PA?

BendtheBar 09-01-2010 03:24 PM

Sweet! Any chance you can get some pics?

kman025 09-01-2010 03:27 PM

jealous. hope it's awesome man

jwood 09-01-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 79304)
sounds awesome Jeremy. i'm jealous. but i thought you were in PA?

I do live in PA, but I am only about 5 minutes from Trenton, NJ so it should only take about 10 minutes to get to the gym.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 79305)
Sweet! Any chance you can get some pics?

Yes, I will try to get some pictures after I start training there a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 79306)
jealous. hope it's awesome man

Thanks kman, it should be great

strkout35 09-01-2010 03:50 PM

thats a good deal, definitely manageable

gaspers04 09-01-2010 06:16 PM

The gym sounds like its the sh!t, good luck with the transition!

dmaipa 09-01-2010 06:30 PM

man i wish there was a dungeon gym by me..

ehubbard 09-02-2010 07:08 AM

If you want to train with a real PL crew down there, I would look up Tone Barbaccio or Jon Rock. Not sure where they are training or if they are open to new lifters but training by yourself all the time sucks and these guys are legit. You may want to also check out Ironsport in the Philly area.

Marc 09-02-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmaipa (Post 79355)
man i wish there was a dungeon gym by me..

I bet there is somewhere. I just happened to basically stumble upon the one I go to. They are defenitely out there!