Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Long Island's Strongest Man Competition OCTOBER 9th

This is a repost from a strongman forum on my thoughts on competing

"Been doing a lot of thinking and soul searching
You guys can count me down to compete,(although if needed to I will still help with anything that I can, because I don't forget favors).

I have been very bitter and angry and lost ever since last October. I been running away from my feelings and problems, and have finally came to terms with it. I shouldn't stop competing because I don't feel like killing myself for last place. I should stop competing because I have nothing left in the tank.

And I tried to just stop cold turkey, but part of me still wants to redeem my poor performances. Part of me just won't quit until I give it my all. I been so unmotivated, and my last competition, I defeated myself before the first event was over.

I been searching for purpose, purpose to train. And without competition I couldn't find any. I need to do this for something greater then myself. For all my friends and family who believed in me, and helped me along the way. I always complained about traveling out of state, traveling too far,and bombed so bad in my own backyard; and now I have an opportunity in front of me, to make a stand. To test my mettle and limits once more. One more chance to make things right in myself. If I am going to take last place, I want to do it knowing I gave it my all, not that I gave it all up.

Now that I am done crying

I'll be in the Heavies Men Open."

The guys hosting the event are good Strongman friends of mine, and I want to help promote the event as much as possible, just as they prevented NYC'S Strongest Man Competition Last October for me. That competition in short, had a lot of problems, and these guys are taking a risk doing there own competition.

This will be my last strongman contest of the year 2010

I have decided to man up once more, and train my arse off, all of September to stay true to myself. Any one in the NYC area, please come down and show support as these events don't come often and may be a once in a life time opportunity.

The entry is posted here :http://nastrongman.com/longisland.pdf

The events are:Log Clean & Press each rep,Ambulance Pull,Car Squat,Frame Carry to Sled Push, Stones over 44' bar for reps
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
hugerobb
Brawn
Points: 1,095, Level: 17 Points: 1,095, Level: 17 Points: 1,095, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 25 +yrs.
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: leg press
Fav Supp: Red Meat
hugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality posts

good luck