Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Motivation and THE QUESTION

The Question:Ask yourself,Not what is it that you wish to gain; But what is it that you're willing to give up, in order to make that dream a reality? and now the Answer:
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Sacrifices must be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
The Question:Ask yourself,Not what is it that you wish to gain; But what is it that you're willing to give up, in order to make that dream a reality? and now the Answer:
I have given up a lot of chances for fun.

I have forfeit friends,and yes even forsaken family.

I have changed my body's internal recovery clock from 6-8hours to 10-12 hours,which does not constitute as beauty sleep. I have given up 2-4 extra hours of the day, in order to perform functional;not even at optimal.A year ago 6-8hours would have sufficed. My training wasn't this hard a year ago.

I have relinquished any hopes of having an attractive looking body by society's standards.

I have surrendered ever seeing under 200lbs for the rest of my existence.

I have squandered many opportunity's to have lovely women at my side because I would not miss a training session.

I have at one point or another completely isolated and distanced myself from everything, including the gym, in the pursuit of intellect,strength and power.

I have lifted more on a max effort/one rep max personal record lift on pure rage and anger,than I have on a properly planned technique and peaking stage during a proper training cycle.

I have drank a gallon of milk,3-4 whopper jr's, and 4-8 eggs thrown in 2-4packets of ramen,extra from my normal meals,nearly every day for a year to put on 50lbs.

I have done all this,and more not mentioned, simply and plainly because:

It is my mind, my body and my world where nothing else exists. There is no happiness in my world, but there is no sorrow either. There is only hard work, blood, sweat and progress, no time for tears. Sure I have felt sorry for myself in the "real world".

Sure I have,lost my way, and strayed from my own path. But whats important is I am back. Back to where I belong, and it doesn't matter how many times a person falls down, what matters is that they get back up and never stay down. Back to a place where only my approval or acceptance matters. A place I can call home.

This is a house that I built from ground up on a solid foundation. A structure that will not be broken, that can not be taxed and that will never be seized. I do not own the house, I am the house.

This is the house that Tony built. And here is the pillar of my strength. Here lies my shelter from the many hazards and obstacles of the world.

Building this house was not easy. I have trampled over the corpses of broken enemies. Stepped over the bones of fallen brethren to get here. And I will have to climb up a mountain of trials and tribulations, and destroy a thousand more enemies and obstacles, and see a hundred more allies die; mind body and soul.

Right in front of my very eyes, I have witnessed and will witness again and again the destruction of my religion; The violation of my beliefs and desecration of my creed. I must constantly struggle through casualties in order to invoke my will.

My will to survive in a dying world. Where trees no longer produce air, the sun no longer shines glistening rays of warmth and hope for a brighter tomorrow is gone. A place where the very heart of humanity has stopped beating on the blood of its own. I cut a path, and push forward, not to the heavens to be among gods,GOD, ghosts, angels and dead loved ones; but to merely exist in a world I feel is already dead.

This is also going in my personal rant log, but since its private, and some of you can't see it there, I wanted to share. And hope other's will share their own grievances as well.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
hugerobb
Brawn
Points: 1,095, Level: 17 Points: 1,095, Level: 17 Points: 1,095, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 25 +yrs.
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: leg press
Fav Supp: Red Meat
hugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality postshugerobb has made some quality posts

Ive reached my goal of being 300 pounds Im currently at 340 so now its just maintaining that goal,But in getting here Ive gone thru 3 wifes who thought they understood the life style but found out they didnt and all I can say too that oh! well.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugerobb View Post
Ive reached my goal of being 300 pounds Im currently at 340 so now its just maintaining that goal,But in getting here Ive gone thru 3 wifes who thought they understood the life style but found out they didnt and all I can say too that oh! well.
disregard females. aquire more LBM!
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Great topic.

I am willing to give up dogma.

A tool is a tool is a tool. In lifting, a collection of tools becomes a system. Over time, that system becomes an accepted standard. New systems aren't really new at all, they are merely branches from the same tree.

I am no longer interested in the tree of others. I have lived them and used them. They worked, some better than others, but many were misguided and based on habits of men who spend more on drugs than I spend on food.

This year I want to give up modern dogma, and build by listening to my body.

In the past I gave up much for lifting. It started to bother me, and I wondered if I was doing the right thing. So I would experiment with partying and various other distractions, while trying to keep lifting. This eventually took me away from lifting, and I lost part of my soul.

Instead of being who I am, I tried to be someone else for a while to see if it would land me some "hot chicks." It worked, but I wasn't happy.

It's better to be what you is than what you ain't. Because if you ain't what you is, you is what you ain't.

Looking back I can see now that when I became myself, and was comfortable with who I was, "my" type of women were attracted to me, and life was much better.

I learned that all that I gave up merely brought me closer to becoming who I really was. I spent years running from myself. Now I embrace who I am, and I don't give a **** if someone doesn't like it.

Everyone is so busy pursuing happiness that they do so at the expense of who they truly are. To be truly happy, you must be who you are. This doesn't involve putting on masks, or piercing your tongue, or wearing only black, or any of that poser horse****.

It involves going where you want to go, and doing what you want to do. Consequences be damned.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-30-2010 at 08:36 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i give up more "normal" day to days. my life is truthfully a recurring day of
eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, lift, eat, eat, sleep. i rarley go out, i get a few hours a day to really relax with my girl, and we RARELY do anything that isnt somehow connected to the gym life. we even lift on vacation in the carribbean.

i give up whatever is necessary, whatever i need to, in order to progress.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

I've given up trying to be average

I've given up being that friendly person in the gym and trying to be professional with everyone. There's a time for it, but my gym time is all about business.

I've given up trying to hide my inner rage

now that i've moved to new york and away from friends and family, i can be that shadow in the gym that no one really knows. I can be that shadow that keeps to himself and focuses on what's at hand. I can be that shadow that will continue to stay in the darkness where he feels at home.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
i can be that shadow in the gym that no one really knows. I can be that shadow that keeps to himself and focuses on what's at hand. I can be that shadow that will continue to stay in the darkness where he feels at home.
I like being a shadow. Nice post.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
highkick09
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
My goal is to be happy, live life to the fullest and never be apart of mediocrity. I don't want to live to work all week in a job i hate but to scared to leave cause i am comfortable in a miserable comfortable zone! then in the weekend get wasted have a pizza and tale some ass.

I want to go through college, be a nutritionist but there is so much to learn and always keep a beginners mind! mates always look at me weirdly when i dont go to the canteen or chippy with them but instead pull out a packed lunch and eat it with no shame! however they get at me for this but i never get at them with the food they eat and what it is doing to there bodies, i dont talk about how there living or eating habits even though at any chance they get the want to put a knife in my back.

I use to drink smoke and not care about tomorrow, screwing up in education my body and having no respect for myself, going with anything.

I left this all behind i took a good long hard look in the mirror, write down past things and realised only me is going to change no one is to blame i let them poison my mind

I left that circle of society, pursing sports, gym, books, online, forums and cause i believed i could do anything. i met great people who had slimar goals, i may have lost alot of friends but my new ones i wouldn't trade for the world.

Even today its gets hard them days in gym when you want to pack it in, asking why i do this, and i reply because i can

Gave up

time with friends
more social-ling
not going out dinner
going to cinema
pub
sleeping early
time with family and friends

they will never understand, what training means to me and why i do, but its not who doesn't get it, it is who does and you know that is me!!!!!!! baby
6 days week training hard alone and free.

no one else is like me i am unique cause no one wants to train hard or properly but rather destroy themselves, life and there education

sacrifice i look at it as great now, wouldn't of made me who i am today!

Training is a way of life, some get it some dont.

I am on a diet, i Might be called egotistical or self centred by those who dont realize that they are the ones being self-centred by not appreciating how important training is to me and what it costs to purse this kind of effort!

Last edited by highkick09; 08-30-2010 at 01:29 PM.
highkick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 AM   #10
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugerobb View Post
And Crom says then you shall get a forth! and a fifth if need be. 340lbs of MAN needs a HAREM! More meat for the loving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Great topic.

I am willing to give up dogma.

A tool is a tool is a tool. In lifting, a collection of tools becomes a system. Over time, that system becomes an accepted standard. New systems aren't really new at all, they are merely branches from the same tree.

I am no longer interested in the tree of others. I have lived them and used them. They worked, some better than others, but many were misguided and based on habits of men who spend more on drugs than I spend on food.

This year I want to give up modern dogma, and build by listening to my body.

In the past I gave up much for lifting. It started to bother me, and I wondered if I was doing the right thing. So I would experiment with partying and various other distractions, while trying to keep lifting. This eventually took me away from lifting, and I lost part of my soul.

Instead of being who I am, I tried to be someone else for a while to see if it would land me some "hot chicks." It worked, but I wasn't happy.

It's better to be what you is than what you ain't. Because if you ain't what you is, you is what you ain't.

Looking back I can see now that when I became myself, and was comfortable with who I was, "my" type of women were attracted to me, and life was much better.

I learned that all that I gave up merely brought me closer to becoming who I really was. I spent years running from myself. Now I embrace who I am, and I don't give a **** if someone doesn't like it.

Everyone is so busy pursuing happiness that they do so at the expense of who they truly are. To be truly happy, you must be who you are. This doesn't involve putting on masks, or piercing your tongue, or wearing only black, or any of that poser horse****.

It involves going where you want to go, and doing what you want to do. Consequences be damned.
As the old saying goes, There is nothing new under the sun.Steve, YOU DA MAN. What you wrote really spoke to me. CONSEQUENCES be damned! Screw the guys at animal, we need a MAB calender with our Manly Rambles on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
i give up more "normal" day to days. my life is truthfully a recurring day of
eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, lift, eat, eat, sleep. i rarley go out, i get a few hours a day to really relax with my girl, and we RARELY do anything that isnt somehow connected to the gym life. we even lift on vacation in the carribbean. i give up whatever is necessary, whatever i need to, in order to progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
I've given up trying to be average

I've given up being that friendly person in the gym and trying to be professional with everyone.There's a time for it, but my gym time is all about business.

I've given up trying to hide my inner rage

now that i've moved to new york and away from friends and family, i can be that shadow in the gym that no one really knows. I can be that shadow that keeps to himself and focuses on what's at hand. I can be that shadow that will continue to stay in the darkness where he feels at home.
New York City will do that to you. If you ever around in Queens, I'll get you a week pass @ my gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkick09 View Post
My goal is to be happy, live life to the fullest and never be apart of mediocrity. I don't want to live to work all week in a job i hate but to scared to leave cause i am comfortable in a miserable comfortable zone! then in the weekend get wasted have a pizza and tale some ass.

I want to go through college, be a nutritionist but there is so much to learn and always keep a beginners mind! mates always look at me weirdly when i dont go to the canteen or chippy with them but instead pull out a packed lunch and eat it with no shame! however they get at me for this but i never get at them with the food they eat and what it is doing to there bodies, i dont talk about how there living or eating habits even though at any chance they get the want to put a knife in my back.

I use to drink smoke and not care about tomorrow, screwing up in education my body and having no respect for myself, going with anything.

I left this all behind i took a good long hard look in the mirror, write down past things and realised only me is going to change no one is to blame i let them poison my mind

I left that circle of society, pursing sports, gym, books, online, forums and cause i believed i could do anything. i met great people who had slimar goals, i may have lost alot of friends but my new ones i wouldn't trade for the world.

Even today its gets hard them days in gym when you want to pack it in, asking why i do this, and i reply because i can

Gave up

time with friends
more social-ling
not going out dinner
going to cinema
pub
sleeping early
time with family and friends

they will never understand, what training means to me and why i do, but its not who doesn't get it, it is who does and you know that is me!!!!!!! baby
6 days week training hard alone and free.

no one else is like me i am unique cause no one wants to train hard or properly but rather destroy themselves, life and there education

sacrifice i look at it as great now, wouldn't of made me who i am today!

Training is a way of life, some get it some dont.

I am on a diet, i Might be called egotistical or self centred by those who dont realize that they are the ones being self-centred by not appreciating how important training is to me and what it costs to purse this kind of effort!
Training is indeed a lifestyle and educating oneself doesn't end at school. It is all around us. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. Seeing other people's struggles strengthen me to deal with my own.