Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor
Default Anti Dicks Sporting Goods campaign

This is my attempt at getting my fellow MAB family to shop elsewhere, for your own good as well. A few days ago I went to buy an under armor bag for school and a pair of dry fits. Dicks decided that they could not accept my debit card, it just wasn't working. So after trying it a second time, and having it "not work" again, I decided to hit the ATM across the street. At this point in time I was pissed off, but not to the point where I was mad at Dicks... Yet. I get to the ATM to find out I am missing almost 200 dollars. I call the bank only to find out that yes indeed there are two debits from Dicks on my account. I make the rational decission to continue the direction of home rather than back to the store because had I gone back in there it would not have been pretty for anyone that happened to be in my way. So I called instead, messed around for about an hour on the phone/ People I needed to speak to were not there. Saturday however the manager was in. He was a complete Dick through and through, stating that he really didn't have time to look into it... So here I sit, stewing on this, still dont have the bag I wanted. Heading back to Dicks today to purchase the bag with cash this time obviously, and to have words with this "manager". I am farking livid. Had to fill out dispute paperwork with my bank etc. all because these morons wont work with me and make things right.

Last edited by Marc; 08-22-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I would be livid as well.

Why does customer service have to be so freaking complicated?

We have no Dicks near me, so you have my support.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I would also be extremely mad! I would probably call their corporate office and send some emails to every name I could find on their website until someone responded.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

That is bull**** man.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

I had to get a little angry, especially after today when I was in there having the lady tell me that it was my banks fault for not dropping the charges... I said wait a minute here, I am not here to dispute my bank's policys with you, regardless of what they do the issue started right here in your store. That shut her up. The manager seemed nice enough, he dealt with my not so pleasant demeanor and promissed me that that the funds would be returned to my account Monday no questions asked, gave me his personal phone number etc and the hours he works so I can follow up with him. Then he proceeded to apologize for whoever the rude SOB I talked to yesterday was. Defenitely got alot better outcome by showing up and demanding resolution face to face than I did over the phone, sad it has to work that way but I guess that is just the world we live in.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Marc, this really sucks and is a problem today with customer service as well as the electronic age. I hope they do resolve this today for you.

One suggestion: When you are going to begin with
Quote:
This is my attempt at getting my fellow MAB family to shop elsewhere, for your own good as well.
You really should not end with
Quote:
Heading back to Dicks today to purchase the bag with cash
I mean why would I not shop there per a persons request if they intend to shop there after the request.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Well the bag was on sale man, and other than ordering one online there wasn't anywhere else to get it around me. Started class today so I was kind of in a bind. Defenitely the last time I visit the store though. Believe me I would have gone anywhere else but there if they had had the bag I wanted.

I understand mistakes happen in the computer world, but that does NOT give anyone the right to disrespect the customer and offer no immediate resolution. I was not a nice person when I went back, and I really don't think I needed to be. If you or your store mess up like that, you better bend over backwards to make it right, and quickly. Lucky I didn't get cold shouldered to the face or i may not have been able to stop myself from shoving the guy straight through a wall. Other People's money is not something you mess around with.

Last edited by Marc; 08-23-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

Large chains like that can care less about customer service I try to avoid them whenever possible.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
A few days ago I went to buy an under armor bag for school and a pair of dry fits. Dicks decided that they could not accept my debit card, it just wasn't working. So after trying it a second time, and having it "not work" again, I decided to hit the ATM across the street. At this point in time I was pissed off, but not to the point where I was mad at Dicks... Yet. I get to the ATM to find out I am missing almost 200 dollars. I call the bank only to find out that yes indeed there are two debits from Dicks on my account.
One of two things are happening here. The cashier made an honest mistake, or they are trying to steal from you, and cover it up through the store.

Quote:
I make the rational decission to continue the direction of home rather than back to the store because had I gone back in there it would not have been pretty for anyone that happened to be in my way.
I'm failing to see your logic with this move. Your across the street, and this event just happened. This seems like the time when you would go back to work this issue. You failed at this point! Moreover, you are compounding the situation by not dealing with it in as timely a manner as you could. All the principle parties are on scene and you choose to walk away?

Quote:
So I called instead, messed around for about an hour on the phone/ People I needed to speak to were not there.
This could have been avoided had you dealt with the issue as previously mentioned.

Quote:
Saturday however the manager was in. He was a complete Dick through and through, stating that he really didn't have time to look into it... So here I sit, stewing on this, still dont have the bag I wanted. Heading back to Dicks today to purchase the bag with cash this time obviously, and to have words with this "manager". I am farking livid.
This is where having dealt with the situation when it was fresh may have prevented this from happening. Now we are at the point where he is left to wonder, honest customer, or somebody trying to steal from me?

Customer service is a two way street. You should have helped them to help you. By going back right away, the cashier could have backed up the fact that you had tried to use your card twice. Had the cashier lied about it, then you could have your bank give you the records or you could print them off yourself from your own computer, and show them the transactions.

You didn't handle this correctly.

Quote:
Had to fill out dispute paperwork with my bank etc. all because these morons wont work with me and make things right.
This is not that hard to do, and quite frankly is much easier today to get done than it used to be. This is a tool at your disposel to use, not an issue to get angry about.

Quote:
The manager seemed nice enough, he dealt with my not so pleasant demeanor and promissed me that that the funds would be returned to my account Monday no questions asked, gave me his personal phone number etc and the hours he works so I can follow up with him. Then he proceeded to apologize for whoever the rude SOB I talked to yesterday was. Defenitely got alot better outcome by showing up and demanding resolution face to face than I did over the phone, sad it has to work that way but I guess that is just the world we live in.

Is this the same manager that was a jerk to you earlier? Has the money been returned?

You should write to the main office, and in a well worded, professional tone tell them of this situation. They will want to know about it. Tell them both the bad, and the good side of the story.

Dick's Sporting Goods - Every Season Starts At Dick's - Official Site.

I have dealt with many companys, and have always gotten good service when I had an issue. Remain calm, but stay firm with your complaint. Don't expect more than what you are entitled too, but get what you are due.

As far as big companys not caring as someone mentioned. This is not really true of all companys. I have gotten free products, and discounts from many large companys when I have had an issue, or simply asked for it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

You make SOME valid points however no matter how easy it is to file paperwork, you are missing the point, that trip to the bank was not needed had the original screw up never happened. As far as me not going right back, I have an extremely hot temper at times, a phone call to Dicks and to the bank was a much better alternative considering I didn't know what was going on entirely until I was about a block from home. When I did go back the parties were there, so it was not a big deal. My bank said that Dicks was not cooperating and that we would have to file paperwork and go from there. This was the following day at which point I decided ok, defenitely had enough of this sh*t and went back personally. Number 1 you have my money, number two you aren't wanting to resolve it, game on. At the current time I see absolutely no reason to even be respectful about it, we are having to go about it legally now, I am having to get an entirely new card and number to protect myself from fraud because my account has been flagged etc and no one knows just what exactly it was that went on. Problem lies in the fact that they claim they do not have any record of it in their system. Think I give a ****? I have bank proof. As far as I am concerned at this point since I have yet to have the money returned, someone stole from me. People need to own up, that is all there is to it, make it right without having me jump through hoops.