Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
You make SOME valid points however no matter how easy it is to file paperwork, you are missing the point, that trip to the bank was not needed had the original screw up never happened.
I'm not missing the point just because I'm not ready to pick up pitchforks and torches with you. Yes there is an issue to be solved. However this type of thing happens a lot. It's a real pain in the AZZ to deal with, but how the store handles it and helps you to resovle it says more about them than the fact of it happening.

My Wife works in banking and has to deal with this sort of thing for people all the time.

Do you believe that the cashier who originally rang you up was trying to steal from you?

Do you think the store is trying to steal from you?

Have you contacted the corporate office?

I've had disputes on my card before, but have never had to get a new card due to my acct. being flagged.

Why is your entire acct. being flagged and not just these two transactions? This should have no bearing on your acct. other than the dispute.

Did you get a new card because you felt that your acct was compromised?

This should be a fairly straight forward process given the information you have supplied. If Dicks says they have no record of the transactions, then your bank should put the money back. If your bank is not wanting to credit your acct, then you need to go higher up at your bank. Now you have a customer sevice issue with your bank, and not just Dicks sports.

Who is your bank?

Also:

How did you get from the store promising to return the funds, to them not having any record of the transaction?

Last edited by glwanabe; 08-24-2010 at 01:24 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

They never had record of it in the first place this was the dispute man this is why I had to file paperwork and everything else. I think you are over analyzing this. They always claimed they had no record of it even though I had proof from my bank. This is why they claim they cannot return the funds. Although How can you not have record of a transaction like that? The money went somewhere, it didn't dissapear. You would think at the end of the day they would realize a surplus... I don't work retail, never have never will but from what I know all of that stuff has to balance out everyday.

The account was put on hold due to fraud precaution, this is a very fishy deal and they want to take no chances. The cashier is suspect for sure as the card error message she gave me was nothing I had ever heard before and was defenitely not something like "Insufficient funds" or something of that nature, and the atm still worked so I know my card was good, I used it after that on other purchases as well.

Trust me there is no issue with my bank, my entire family including the insurance agency my mother owns has done business here forever, they are on top of any request like its their only priority.

I am not going to argue with you about your thoughts on what I did or didn't do or nitty gritty details. Fact remains I have been out almost 200 dollars since Friday and it isn't acceptable on any level, regardless of what I did or didn't do.

Last edited by Marc; 08-24-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I'm not arguing with you about what you did or didn't do. I'm simply making an observation as somebody who has some knowledge of how banks and the retail world works. I've been involved in customer sevice on both sides of the issue in the past.

My daily job is to analyze situations and find solutions. A large part of what I do is to look ahead and keep issues to a minimum. You may think I'm over analyzing this, but thats what I do for a living. I also solve complex issues many of which are never the same from day to day.

If you want your money back in a timely manner then you are going to have to be smarter then the people your dealing with.

What was this error code the cashier told you? have you talked about this with the store and the bank? What was the response?

Don't just wait for the bank and the store to settle this. YOU need to ask the right questions, and gather the evidence to support your position. You need to go to the corporate level with Dicks, today. Get them on the phone, and talk to somebody who has the authority to help you.

Do the same thing with your bank.

If you don't then you could be waiting several weeks for this to be resolved.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote