Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine
Default The Iron Brotherhood

Quote:
A very large man once said these words.....

"Am I the only nostalgic mofo on this site? What the **** happened to the once proud brotherhood of iron? When did this once bound by a thirst for growth and hunger for improvement bunch of hardcore animals get infiltrated by a bunch of pussified moronic cry babies?

I spent this morning replying to threads about people being threatened in the parking lot because they were using someone's piece of gym equipment, guys refusing to spot one another in the gym and people actually defending this mindless bull****. Tell me there is hope after all and the glory days will be once more.

I used to walk into a gym and hang around the big boys just to pick up a tip or two. I trained for years before I finally mustered up enough nerves to ask the biggest guy in the gym in the gym if I could please train with him.

The majority of these wannabe lifters nowadays have no ****ing respect for the game anymore and are just taking up gym space if you ask me. Why the **** do you look surprised when I tell you to get the **** out my way when you are talking to your girl on your cell phone?

If a guy, who is in the midst of a serious work out, asks you to spot him, you spot him when you are ready to do so. And even if he doesn?t ask you, if he gets crushed under a weight and you are nearby, you spot him.

When some young kid comes to you and asks you a few things, don?t be a total jackass and tell him a few basic things to get him on his way.

When someone is just ****ing around, tell him to do things right or go home. If you are serious and want to learn, I have no problem helping you along, just come correct and respect those who have come before you.

It is about time we clean this **** up, I am on a ****ing war path to grow and improve and will not be taking any prisoners.

Semper Fi,
A "
I took this from intensemuscle.com where im learning more about DC training. I came across this at a time when i was pissed about some of the people in the gym. Guys standing around just talking on the squat rack and there is only one frickin squat rack, or when i young kid is struggling with some weight they just walk pass and let the kid yell out for help and still dont do anything so i gotta stop my set and jump in and spot the kid. Or people getting pissed off when someone asks if they could work in with them. Come on people! Let's get it together.

Also, i get pissed when people make stupid remarks. For instance! I'm doing controlled negatives and trying to accelerate the bar as hard as possible. after i finish my set, i over here these two guys talking about lifting a weights saying how to do a real rep. "Man you gotta work on a slow negatives, and push it slowly up. Thats a real rep. Not just pushing it up." I couldn't believe it..not to sound cocky but these b****es couldn't lift crap! and they looked like crap! It's like if you don't know the person and don't know exactly what the program they are following or whatevers, then just shut up! because you just making yourself look stupid...

ok done..

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Agreed. To much dead meat in the commercial gyms, breathing my precious oxygen while doing "heavy sets of cable flyes" or some other bull****. Now u got me worked up too man =9
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Agreed. To much dead meat in the commercial gyms, breathing my precious oxygen while doing "heavy sets of cable flyes" or some other bull****. Now u got me worked up too man =9
hahah..well i think its a big problem in gyms. I remember my gym back at home everyone helped out each other and respected one another and we didn't really know one another. Sometimes there were clashing views but it was accepted. don't know where the change came.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good quote.

Natural bodybuilder Sean Sullivan had this to say:

Quote:
Bodybuilding in its true form is not a sport or an art form, itís a discipline just like the martial arts. Itís a combination of mind, body and spirit and teaches you that you can visualize and become anything you want! I am so glad that I experienced the end of the golden era of bodybuilding. That was a time when training was a fellowship and bodybuilding taught you more then lifting and being a bad **^%. Now the sport is about ego and the message, for the most part, is tainted.

Helping others and learning to achieve inside and outside the guy is not the meaning anymore, now it's about who is bigger or stronger than who. Sometimes I meet people who ďget itĒ and have used bodybuilding to improve all aspects of there life. People who help others, donít strut around and talk down on people and who have real confidence. I see too many shallow people who have nothing inside and develop huge muscles as a way to compensate for insecurity. If they could just embrace the same lessons they use to get 20Ē arms to every other part of there life they would be much more happy and adjusted.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

thats a good one BTB..thats why MAB is awesome..everyone helps out each other and supports one another..solid stuff

Old 08-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

If I see someone my age doing something wrong I want to tell him but I usually don't because I don't want to come across as an arrogant ass. When I have taken the time to show someone how to do it right they still do it how they think they should. I think when people are in the gym they should respect each other and learn.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

yes!
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Yes! Agreed 100%.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

this can go towards anything in life..

i feel the same way bruce lee...be like water my friends..

Old 08-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
thats a good one BTB..thats why MAB is awesome..everyone helps out each other and supports one another..solid stuff
That's what I like about this forum....respect among men. And women.

I really hope we keep attracting hard working young guys and girls like Alex and Dynasty and Andy and Iron Manlet and Sneezy and Strikeout and...on and on and on.

Nothing gets me more excited then seeing a young guy working his ass off in the gym and making gains.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote