Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I may try IF on my next cut. I'm thinking I can wake up, eat little to nothing all day, maybe an MRP shake, then workout in the afternoon, go home and eat the rest of my daily calories in 1 or 2 sittings before bed... Only concern would be the hunger feeling, and I've taken Hoodia with great success to handle hunger feelings before...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I may try IF on my next cut. I'm thinking I can wake up, eat little to nothing all day, maybe an MRP shake, then workout in the afternoon, go home and eat the rest of my daily calories in 1 or 2 sittings before bed... Only concern would be the hunger feeling, and I've taken Hoodia with great success to handle hunger feelings before...
I was concerned about the hunger feeling as well. I took a week to prepare and each day just moved the first meal 30 minutes to an hour at a time. so in a week I went from eating at 6 am to eating at 12:00. I admit it is easier for people that don't like eating first thing than those that do.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #23
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I'm a huge breakfast person, so it was hard the first couple days, but after awhile your hunger just subsides, and your body adjusts to feeling hungry around the 16-18 hour point. Just like you'd get hungry every 2-3 hours on a regular eating schedule, your body learns to get hungry when it's used to being fed.

I'm okay in the mornings now with just tea and water. I'm not even thinking about food until 1pm!

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #24
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Sneezy, I could be wrong, but this I.F. concept doesn't seem like it would be conducive with your current goal of getting stronger.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #25
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Sneezy, I could be wrong, but this I.F. concept doesn't seem like it would be conducive with your current goal of getting stronger.
Oh nonsense. My workouts have only felt better since starting IF. Have you ever read anything on IF? There's no decrease in strength at all, it's just like any other way of eating, except your meals are scheduled differently. I'm still getting in plenty of calories.

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #26
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Oh nonsense. My workouts have only felt better since starting IF. Have you ever read anything on IF? There's no decrease in strength at all, it's just like any other way of eating, except your meals are scheduled differently. I'm still getting in plenty of calories.
That is what the majority of people miss when looking at IF.

The majority of people eat 3 meals per day with snacks in between. If they eat at 6am, 12 noon and 6pm, then they are eating in a 12 hour window. IF only delays breakfast and decreases the window to 8 hours. A lot of people eat that way, work heavy jobs and they do not get weaker over time.

The only times I have struggled with gaining strength, I realized I was eating low calorie and the scale reflected that with a weight loss.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #27
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMedley View Post
That is what the majority of people miss when looking at IF.

The majority of people eat 3 meals per day with snacks in between. If they eat at 6am, 12 noon and 6pm, then they are eating in a 12 hour window. IF only delays breakfast and decreases the window to 8 hours. A lot of people eat that way, work heavy jobs and they do not get weaker over time.

The only times I have struggled with gaining strength, I realized I was eating low calorie and the scale reflected that with a weight loss.
Exactly! And I always make sure to get in plenty of calories, so my training hasn't been affected at all.

-------

Old 08-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
I've eaten like this for almost 18 months straight, moving my 3 lift total up 300. I think it depends on the person. But for me I feel more energy during the day. My workouts almost always are full of energy, and I feel like a wolf knowing the kill is only an hour a way.

It sounds crazy, I know. But that's the best I can describe it.

I used to feel sluggish during the days, and many days sleepy. With an IF style approach I never have that anymore.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #29
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I hate to bump an old thread but at the same time it seem silly to reinvent the wheel. I am currently eating IF style and supplementing with BCAA. Today checked the scale, which I don't trust at all, and it is up a few pounds, but the mirror says I am leaner. I am working this during my 16 week, 2011 transformation, and will be curious to see where it takes me. Anybody else eating IF style or Warrior Style? Lets talk about your experiences.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I've been thinking of IF as my next new thing to try. I know I can do an 8 hour window, with something small an hour before my workout, and the rest of it between PWO and bedtime. I just have to do it, and not cheat on the weekends as much as I do now..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote